6. We attended a meeting at church last Sunday regarding the outreach we are planning on Easter for the Sunday service at the High School. We are inviting the whole town. I love our young pastor and his team of young, enthusiastic leaders. I am planning to be one of the greeters handing out programs (not bulletins in this case, too churchy) and for sure I’ll be flashing my best smile. My husband learned that one of the ushers on his team will be doing something else….he’ll be the Easter bunny twisting balloons and playing with the kiddos. I'll have my camera!
7. My girlfriend, Marlene, flew back home to Chicago. What a friend. Last week, she offered to help me begin a scrapbook project. I’m a 3 on a scale of creativity, 10 being high. She took time out of her day and helped me organize my stash and got me going in a simple style that even I can do. I was so grateful. People like me get stuck and all it ever takes is one confident person who knows what they’re doing to organize you and give you pointers. Someday I will have to show you my work of art that I'm starting, an album of Susanna’s babyhood.
It was so good being with Marlene, and her 95 year-old mother. They visited me at my office where all my scrapbooking loot is. We laughed and ate lunch together. I made a big pot of Chicken Taco Soup. You know it’s a hit when you are asked for the recipe.
8. I learned Susanna is coming for the Easter holiday. Papa and I learned that “Easter baskets are out” since she isn’t given sugar yet, but yesterday we were shopping and I found the cutest bright turquoise pail and shovel she can take to the beach! Any suggestions what I can fill it with for this almost 18 month old?
9. Let it go down in history that Susanna ate her first peanut butter/jelly sandwich! Her mommy sent me this cute picture.
10. Life Group on Friday will be different. Usually we discuss the sermon, but this Friday we are gathering just to pray. Just like in the book of Acts, we are gathering in the leader’s home to pray and break bread together. Being Good Friday, it should be a powerful time!