Skip to main content

Friday Funnies


After it was graded and the child brought it home, she returned to school the next day with the following note:



Dear Ms. Davis,

I want to be very clear on my child's illustration. It is NOT of me on a dance pole on a stage in a strip joint. I work at Home Depot and had commented to my daughter how much money we made in the recent snowstorm. This drawing is of me selling a shovel.

Mrs. Harrington


Have a happy Friday, everyone! Don’t forget to join Kim for more Friday Funnies!

Comments

  1. You always know just what I need! I am sooooooo happy to find you here, this morning!
    LOVE YOU, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary, that is too funny. Thanks for the laugh this morning. I loved it.

    Love you,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea Yea, I'd come up with a note like that to. LOL Just kidding. It appears that kids not only say the funniest things...they can draw them to.
    Well, I'm off to Home Depot to buy a stapler to shut my mouth with before I get in deeper.
    I support this blog by being a follower. Thanks for making me smile today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOO cute! Thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was funny. It sure did look like a stripper pole compared to a shovel though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great artist coming from the child! I call it "abstract"...LOL.

    Have a great weekend sister Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is hilarious..cuz that exactly what I was wondering. LOL. So so cute. Made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have seen this before and it cracks me up every time! Thanks!! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh girl, that was too funny!!!!

    Thanks for the laugh.
    Have a great weekend my friend.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so funny!!! I love it! Thanks for sharing precious sister.

    I love you and I'm praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That totally works with my sick sense of humor!

    Smiles & hugs,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw this one already, but I still laughed out loud this time too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Mary! This is hilarious!! Can you even imagine??

    You always find the best funnies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

A Veteran's Story

  I noticed Bill sitting in our local park where I walk.   He glanced my way just as I finished the last exercise walk song on my playlist.   He shouted and pointed to my car:   “Hey, is that your car with the Nam front license plate?   I stepped closer into the veranda where Bill sat on a picnic bench.   I noticed his Vietnam Vet cap and instantly I knew why I walked there that day.   The Marine Vet served during the 1960’s, the same time span as my husband.   Bill talked a lot about the war evoking my emotions from laughter to tears.   My South Vietnam front plate often prompts a conversation with a stranger and I’ve learned a deep respect for it over the years.   It is my way of listening to a veteran.   I enjoyed listening to Bill.   He made me laugh in spots but he made me cry as well.   Like when he talked about the sandwich lady.   “Do you ever eat at the sandwich shop in the gas station down the street...