Skip to main content

Friday Funnies

With all the news lately about the subzero weather and snow that
the Midwest and east coast areas are experiencing, we shouldn't
forget that Phoenix also has its share of devastating weather in the last couple weeks.

Attached is a photo showing damage to a home from a recent storm
that passed through the Phoenix area. It really makes you cherish what
you have, and reminds us not to take life for granted.






Kim is hosting more Friday Funnies at Homesteader’s Heart. Have a great Friday!

Comments

  1. LOL! Loved that! Too funny.

    Have a great weekend my friend.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cracks me up, Mary! Since I'm an Arizonan myself, I must say how much hubby and I enjoy the incredible storms here. The more the wind & the louder the thunder, the happier we are. It's an event we relish, unlike our days in WA State when it was a "condition", and not an event at all.

    Hugs,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!

    Sending love and hugs...You always brighten my day.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! That's great. Thanks for the giggle!

    Have a wonderful weekend, sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My post, another sister's post...talking about how life is short and we must learn to cherish things here...then yours...except yours is better :) Funny. Mine was too serious, you needed "tissues"... :) I hate it when I go to work and the wind gusts are strong. One time, it was so strong I had my son ran after the trash bin being blown by the wind down our street. He had a good laugh though, while his mommy was rolling on the floor!

    Have a great weekend sister and God bless you always. Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, I am the one who thinks you are ornery! The last comment from Kayla was really from me!! Sorry! I was logged in under my son's girlfriends account. I am using his computer today. It is taking me awhile to get into thinking mode today. :) Hope you have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is too funny. I love when they scoot all over the deck as the wind blows them where they can! That is really some storm damage!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!! Thanks for the smile today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOLOL...oh, THAT was good, LOL...comin' from a Hurricane State gal, that was too funny, LOL...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the storms we have in Phoenix. When it rains I get excited. It's so different from New York where I grew up. When it rained there, it was all day. You know how it is here.

    Next time I hope you might be able to get into town and join Sassy Granny and me.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haw, haw! That cracked me up big time! Thanks for the laugh, I needed it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...