Skip to main content

Ten on Tuesday!

1. I really do love winter, but I got my heating (propane) bill for the last six weeks and it’s a killer. So, we’re busy chopping firewood at my house.

2. You know it’s a cold winter when you have to bundle up in San Diego, too. Susanna was caught on film going to the park last week on a cold, rainy day. Notice the book on prayer in her hands


She’s a chip off the old block, her mamma being a mighty prayer warrior and I, too, like to get on board when it comes to storming the heavenlies. Generational blessings!

3. I took my hubby to the VA Hospital in Prescott for a medical procedure last week. He got a kick out of my observance of the place. “Are we in the jungles of Viet Nam?” I asked as we walked down the long corridors. I saw guys with (thinning) long pony tails and others with gray braids all the way down their backs. I expected to hear Bob Dylan on the piped in music system singing “Mr. Tambourine Man” or worse, Jefferson Airplane singing “White Rabbit.”

4. I received a neat email about natural ingredients found in most kitchens that can be used for healing. So now I am applying fresh lemons to my age spots. It’s suppose to lighten them after time. Remember, I’m from the Viet Nam era…

5. Reading through the Bible this year, I reflected yesterday on Mark 15:43 which describes Joseph of Arimathea as “one who was looking for the Kingdom of God.” What a reputation.

6. I’m thankful for answers to prayer this week. Both my husband and my daughter’s husband got good health reports. Two blogger friends received healing in their bodies. I give Him praise.

7. Here’s a thought that gripped me on a girl’s blog this week: In the midst of praising God, you can praise the hurt away.

8. I like it when everyone is out of the office and I’m left alone with the place to myself. But last Wednesday, I saw a gray “thing” fly across the hall and into the Sales Manager’s office as I sat at the front desk. The droppings near the kitchen wastebasket revealed that a critter moved in among us. A mousetrap was set over the weekend. Got him!

9. Here’s something I need to improve on: taking life less seriously and having more fun. The morning I drove to Prescott, I was peaceful and unhurried. I made a mental note to take my camera out of my briefcase and stick it in my purse. Did I remember to do that? No. Instead I did the dishes. So here I was driving in the mountains covered with white, fluffy snow and beauty everywhere and I have no camera! But the breakfast dishes were cleaned.

10. I leave you with an important challenge: your legacy. During last Friday’s Life Group discussion, our leader, Jeannie, asked: “What will be said about you by your family and friends after you are gone?” I think the answer to that lies in our passion. Most said “that I loved the Lord.” In my opinion, that’s a given. Those of us who believe in the claims of Christ should be passionate followers. But what, specifically, will be said of you and me? Something to ponder for some, others of us may know well what we live for each and every day.

Comments

  1. Busy here but just want to drop by and leave a warm hello. Cute Susanna and what a prayer warrior! Some blessed genes produced from seeking the Lord! What an inheritance that is! Glory to God!

    I love your list, making me smile here with some. That lemon? Tried that before for my age spots, too. But not fun as it's sour and irritated my 90 yr.old complexion. It felt like I marinated my face! :) If I go out into the sun, there you go! I'm toasted!

    Love that challenging question with the last one. Thought provoking. Especially now that I'm 90...Hmmm...I just pray that people would be crying, not laughing when I exit! It could be both: tears of joys knowing me and of sadness because hopefully, they'd miss me terribly! Blessings and love to you sister!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your list.  I so appreciate also your encouraging comments on my blog.  Helps tremendously!  Much appreciated!  Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary,

    Loved the last question and I would like to think they would agree that I loved the Lord with all my heart, showed it each and every day and encouraged others as well.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susanna is adorable....she is definitely a chip off the old block!

    Love your analogy of the Vietnam vets! Hope your hubby is doing well.

    Blessings, hugs, and prayers,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so blessed to live near Prescott! It's just beautiful there.

    I'll have to give that lemon thing a try...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lemon juice? Really? Pass on the tips sister; my age spots are beginning to multiply!

    Loved reading more about you.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute baby girl!!

    so glad spring's a comin'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That picture of Susanna is adorable and it is so very interesting that she has a prayer book in her hand. I would definitely say you have passed down a legacy a couple of generations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for dropping by and following me...I love your blog and the Ten on Tuesday! So fun! I love the many points of praise! Thank you for sharing the beautiful embrace of our Father revealed in your own life..so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Because He Lives, I Can Move

I’m currently in one of those places where you lay out all the options and then you make the best decision. It seems, however, like none of the choices are fair or attractive. I know God will help me in my situation because I desire His guidance. I’m clinging to His Word which promises that ALL things work together for good for those that love God and are called according to His purpose, Romans 8:28. I heard a great teaching this week about seeking God’s will and all the freedom that surrender brings. We can know that God is bringing about a victory if we trust Him with each and every decision. The speaker illustrated his point with a famous painting. The painting depicts a look of despair on the chess player’s face. He’s playing Satan and his soul is at stake. It looks like Satan is winning. Checkmate! When Paul Morphy saw this painting back in the 1800’s, he set up a chess board and aligned the pieces to reflect the painting. Being a world champion, he studied the board. His conclusi

Humor for the Bride and Groom

A young couple decided to wed.  As the big day approached, they grew apprehensive.  Each had a problem they had never before shared with anyone, not even each other. The Groom-to-be, overcoming his fear, decided to ask his father for advice.   "Father," he said, "I am deeply concerned about the success of my marriage."  His father replied, "Don't you love this girl?"   "Oh yes, very much," he said," but you see, I have very smelly feet, and I'm afraid that my fiancé will be put off by them."  "No problem," said dad, "all you have to do is wash your feet as often as possible, and always wear socks, even to bed."   Well, to him this seemed a workable solution. The bride-to-be, overcoming her fear, decided to take her problem up with her mom."  Mom," she said, "When I wake up in the morning my breath is truly awful."  "Honey," her mother consoled, "everyone has

A Veteran's Story

  I noticed Bill sitting in our local park where I walk.   He glanced my way just as I finished the last exercise walk song on my playlist.   He shouted and pointed to my car:   “Hey, is that your car with the Nam front license plate?   I stepped closer into the veranda where Bill sat on a picnic bench.   I noticed his Vietnam Vet cap and instantly I knew why I walked there that day.   The Marine Vet served during the 1960’s, the same time span as my husband.   Bill talked a lot about the war evoking my emotions from laughter to tears.   My South Vietnam front plate often prompts a conversation with a stranger and I’ve learned a deep respect for it over the years.   It is my way of listening to a veteran.   I enjoyed listening to Bill.   He made me laugh in spots but he made me cry as well.   Like when he talked about the sandwich lady.   “Do you ever eat at the sandwich shop in the gas station down the street?”   I replied that I’ve order coffee once in that place with a turke