Skip to main content

Beautiful Things Happen When A Woman Trusts God ~ Bible Study Lesson Two


Sheila Walsh presents the topic of brokenness in the second chapter of her Bible Study that is related to her new book. A special thanks to Kat for hosting this Bible Study in depth and challenging all of us to take a look at the Word of God with regard to our need for deliverance of brokenness today on her blog, Heart to Heart.

Isaiah 43: 18-19:
18: “Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
19: See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.

Here are some thoughts I have with regard to this verse and brokenness: This passage tells me that God delivered me in the past, therefore, I can now embrace what He is doing in the present. He rescued me before. He can do it again! He will heal me of anything that is broke in me or in my life. He is in control of it.

Luke 4: 18-21

18: “The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to release the oppressed,
19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”
20Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him, 21: and he began by saying to them, “Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”

My observation: Jesus' ministry targets here the brokenhearted--the poor--the captive--the blind and those oppressed. Sheila asks us to consider "how does this passage speak to my life?"

I have experienced the touch of Jesus on my life during brokenness and because He has delivered me so many times in the past, I can ask boldly in any situation for His help because I know He shows up. He'll put the broken pieces together and in a sturdier way, too. How so?

About five years ago, I sold a home to a customer who proved to be a shyster. I fell into his traps of friendliness and need. I even prayed for him and his family when life threw them a curve ball. At work, I listened endlessly to his stories of woe and gave him my undivided attention. Little did I know that he was baiting me for information to use against me in the sales contract and when silence finally came and I was given a respite of peace, I learned he was calling my boss regularly, waging war against me. My boss' lawyer came on board to defend my character. In my prayer times, I called out to the Lord and learned that "The Lord is a Warrior; The Lord is His name!" Exodus 15:3! He rescued me from brokenness and set me free from captivity. I learned to declare His Word over my situation and soon enough, this customer was silenced. His evil reputation became know throughout the company. I later learned that we were just one of the many companies he dragged into court to make money in his role as a victim. That was how he maintained his lifestyle.

It's time in this lesson to fill in the missing blanks: Because Jesus said_____; I will ______.

Because Jesus said: no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and this is their vindication from me,” declares the Lord, I will defend you.

My prayer today: I praise you, Lord, for every time that you have pulled me out of trouble. You have shown me great kindness repeatedly. Your Word is a weapon for the discouraged and brokenhearted and your Spirit is the greatest comfort I can have. I wave your banner high; You alone are worthy to be worshipped.

Comments

  1. Sue,

    What a powerful message God delivered to you through this study. WOW I feel empowered through His spirit in this post!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sue! Thank you for your kind comments this evening. Reading your post, I was amazed at the work of the Holy Spirit and how He speaks and confirms God's word to us. So many times, we are upset when the enemy pulls into battle. But, if the Lord is on our side, who can be against us?

    Awesome testimony!

    Love,

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, the minute I left your blog, I realized I called you "Sue." I don't know why in the world I did that, but I am so sorry!!! I know your name very well!

    Please forgive me!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praising GOD that HE is faithful to step into our brokenness and heal and restore us.
    Thank you for being you. I am so sorry this person did this to you.
    Hugs, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an inspiring post, love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Because He Lives, I Can Move

I’m currently in one of those places where you lay out all the options and then you make the best decision. It seems, however, like none of the choices are fair or attractive. I know God will help me in my situation because I desire His guidance. I’m clinging to His Word which promises that ALL things work together for good for those that love God and are called according to His purpose, Romans 8:28. I heard a great teaching this week about seeking God’s will and all the freedom that surrender brings. We can know that God is bringing about a victory if we trust Him with each and every decision. The speaker illustrated his point with a famous painting. The painting depicts a look of despair on the chess player’s face. He’s playing Satan and his soul is at stake. It looks like Satan is winning. Checkmate! When Paul Morphy saw this painting back in the 1800’s, he set up a chess board and aligned the pieces to reflect the painting. Being a world champion, he studied the board. His conclusi

Humor for the Bride and Groom

A young couple decided to wed.  As the big day approached, they grew apprehensive.  Each had a problem they had never before shared with anyone, not even each other. The Groom-to-be, overcoming his fear, decided to ask his father for advice.   "Father," he said, "I am deeply concerned about the success of my marriage."  His father replied, "Don't you love this girl?"   "Oh yes, very much," he said," but you see, I have very smelly feet, and I'm afraid that my fiancĂ© will be put off by them."  "No problem," said dad, "all you have to do is wash your feet as often as possible, and always wear socks, even to bed."   Well, to him this seemed a workable solution. The bride-to-be, overcoming her fear, decided to take her problem up with her mom."  Mom," she said, "When I wake up in the morning my breath is truly awful."  "Honey," her mother consoled, "everyone has

A Veteran's Story

  I noticed Bill sitting in our local park where I walk.   He glanced my way just as I finished the last exercise walk song on my playlist.   He shouted and pointed to my car:   “Hey, is that your car with the Nam front license plate?   I stepped closer into the veranda where Bill sat on a picnic bench.   I noticed his Vietnam Vet cap and instantly I knew why I walked there that day.   The Marine Vet served during the 1960’s, the same time span as my husband.   Bill talked a lot about the war evoking my emotions from laughter to tears.   My South Vietnam front plate often prompts a conversation with a stranger and I’ve learned a deep respect for it over the years.   It is my way of listening to a veteran.   I enjoyed listening to Bill.   He made me laugh in spots but he made me cry as well.   Like when he talked about the sandwich lady.   “Do you ever eat at the sandwich shop in the gas station down the street?”   I replied that I’ve order coffee once in that place with a turke