Skip to main content

Lunch in Jerome


Jerome is a ghost town located in the Mingus Mountains in Arizona, 10 miles from our home. It is a mile-high city, just over 5,000 ft. high and it’s pretty at night when we see the lights in the distance. We refer to it as “the twinkling city in the sky”. Jerome was popular in its day as a mining town. My husband and I took the afternoon off and enjoyed walking around the town a few days ago.


We stopped for lunch at the Haunted Hamburger. It’s romantic to sit out on the outside deck and look out at the view of the Verde Valley.



I bought two flavors of fudge at one of the shops: Butter Pecan and Chocolate!




It was fun to get away from our routine and join the tourists!

Comments

  1. I am so glad you, and hubby enjoyed your day sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun and what a quaint place! And you are a woman after my own heart with the fudge!!! My favorites are peanut butter fudge and butter pecan!
    Hugs to you my sweet friend.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy~
    Glad you got away from the business and found a special spot to enjoy your day.
    Continuing to pray for you and yours!
    Love, hugs, prayers, and blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you and your hubby had fun and thank you for sharing about Jerome. The pictures are great, especially the one with you...

    Fudge...hmmm...drooling here :) Take care sister and happy Wednesday to you. Love and blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! It's always good to have a get away and relax and enjoy! Love the photos.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Mary! 'Just last night I wrote to a blogging friend re. our trip to Sedona this weekend, asking if he'd ever heard of the "Haunted Hamburger"!!! (One of my co-workers recently spoke highly of it.)
    I've not been to Sedona in like 5 years and Jerome, never! Hopefully, we'll have an opportunity to check it out.
    Love your pictures!

    Hugs,
    Myra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing about your lovely home!

    I am hosting an online Bible study for MOMS on the book of Ephesians called High Stepping in Heavenly Places. Please consider joining us for this 10-week beginning today, Sept. 24, t;o study the book of Ephesians. And tell all your mommy friends to join in. For details go to http://jeanstockdale.typepad. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun day!!! God is sooo good and I am praising HIM for allowing you and your DH this special day!

    You are the melancholy!! ~ NO WONDER I LOVE YOU sooo much and are drawn to you ~ You are my gift as well :) Yep melancholy's are SERIOUS THINKERS ;)

    I gave you a gift today

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful that you had a charming day away from the office. It's a great restaurant. They have a chocolate cake that is out of this world that is called "The Tower". You must try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...