Skip to main content

Spiritual Sundays


My pastor started his Father’s Day Message last Sunday because he knew it would run for two weeks. He began his remarks with “rules that men have for their wives.” I think you will find these humorous:


1. Men are not mind readers.


2. Learn to work the toilet seat. You’re a big girl. If it’s up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don’t hear us complaining about you leaving it down.


3. I am in shape. Round is a shape.


4. All men see in only 16 colors: like Windows Default Settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.


5. Christopher Columbus did not need directions and neither do we.


6. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.


7. Anything we said six months ago is inadmissible in argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after seven days.


8. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That’s what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.


9. Yes and no are perfectly acceptable answers to almost any question.


10. If you ask a question you don’t want an answer to, expect an answer you don’t want to hear.


Happy Father’s Day to all you fathers out there! Thank you Charlotte and Ginger for hosting Spiritual Sundays which encourage us so much.

Comments

  1. Oh this is too funny!
    Have a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a preacher with a sense of humor. We're looking forward to hearing Dr. Tim Kimmell tomorrow morning. My daughter calls him a stand up comedian. He writes good books and is an excellent preacher too.
    Have a wonderful Spiritual Sunday.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love the commonalities among the male gender? It wouldn't be so funny were it not so true!

    I like "round is a shape". I'm going to use that one myself!

    Hugs,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll make sure to show these to my hubby. I'm sure he would agree with them. Thanks for the Sunday morning smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty cute! Thanks for sharing today and have a wonderful Sunday.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Good one. I'd love to hear that message. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very funny. I need a good laugh early in the morning. Now I need to go get ready for church.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You definitely put a smile on my face this morning Mary! Thanks for sharing part of your pastor's message. My hubby remembers everything I've done and said when it suits him. I totally forget. But we do laugh about that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Mary!

    Isn't humor a great way of communicating? I think when we're smiling/laughing our souls just become more open and receptive to God's messages.

    'Hope you're enjoying a great day! Your post has made mine better already!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! That is too cute...and truthful! Thanks for my Sunday laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Men are men no matter where, right? Your pastor has a good sense of humor!


    Blessings,
    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  12. Had a very busy night until the last minute that I was supposed to be done with my shift! It felt like I got beaten up...so thank you for sharing this, a time now for me to relax and have a little laugh. A little massage for my face as I smile, too. Happy Father's Day to your hubby and all our praise and worship to our Father Who deserves it! Happy Sunday sister! Blessings and love to you. I brought you some cookies! Told ya, we'll put our feet up on our favorite seats today! Chocolate chip okay? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are too funny, I like when we can laugh at church.
    Have a great day,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too funny!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    Have a wonderful Sunday!!!

    God bless you!!!
    XOXO
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. funny and so very true!
    Love,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is good to have a sense of humor--the message today in church brought my husband down...he needs to read these thoughts. Love to you...robin

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that, Mary!!! Thank you for sharing! It all makes sense to me! :)

    Have a wonderful, blessed Monday!

    With God's Love,

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Dear Friend,

    These are so funny LOL! I hope that you and your husband had a blessed Father's Day.

    I have an award for you. Please stop over at my site and pick it up.

    I love you dear, sweet friend,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello! Came over and though I know that you had gotten this blog award, I still want to share it with you because you're one of really great friends who continue to inspire and bless me. If you have a chance, come by and pick it up if you want to. Happy Monday! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bey you heard a few groans from the women over this one LOL!

    Brave man - That was too funny!

    It sounds just like my hubby talking

    Thanks for the giggle,
    Kymber

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...