I arrived in Tucson a week ago. Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door. Smiley Amy looked so happy. Then she said: "I'm happy you are here. Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs. It's been eight months since I've seen them. My, they grow so fast.
Susanna is a senior this year. I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall. Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie.Amy continues to rock math. This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant. She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel. Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever. It works! Star is definitely healing. She chewed my slippers while we were at dinner the other night. She's her old self again! And we all cheered. Who cares about the slippers.
Amy and I like to polish our nails together. She must have over 20 bottles of fingernail polish in her stash.
I love my daughters, and I love my granddaughters because they remind me of my girls when they were small.
Happy Grandparent's Day.
"I used to think I was too old to fall in love again. Then I became a grandparent." Author unknown.
"Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting for your lap." Doug Larson



Comments
Post a Comment