Skip to main content

Our Easter Eggs are Blue!




When I was a little girl, my dad colored eggs with me every Easter.  He carried the tradition on to coloring with my children as well.  It was fun to watch Aunty Amy supervise Susanna this year and I noticed every egg was blue!





Papa put together an early Easter basket for Susanna.  She was very excited because much of it was blue…even the peeps!






I love this photo of Sookie feeding her little sister!




Passover was wonderful this year.  The kids boxed up leftovers to bring to their neighbor because she had a hankering for Matzo Ball Soup!  It's a very special time for our family.







Our friend, Peggy, photographed the red moon on Passover.  I like this photo so much, I set it on my desktop so I can look at it often!





Today, Good Friday, was reflective.  Sunday’s coming!  May you be blessed with the joy of the risen Lord!  Happy Easter.






A favorite Resurrection Day thought:
John 11:25-26 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die.

Comments

  1. I loved your story of the blue eggs, and the photo of the red moon at Pass Over! I put Peggy's moon on Facebook it was so glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a wonderful day today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Mary! What beautiful robin's eggs! They are the same blue...so pretty. Blessed Passover to you and yours, and it sure looks like you had a wonderful family day.

    Blessings!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...