Skip to main content

Yeshua HaMashiach


We are Christians and our family has been celebrating the Jewish feast of Passover for three decades. Passover in Hebrew is “Pesach” and it means "the telling." It is a time when our family comes together over a meal and remembers not only the story of the great deliverance of the Israelites from bondage of slavery, but our own deliverance as Christians. Tonight we celebrate our great deliverer, Jesus Christ, who was crucified, died, was buried and then rose from the dead. He took our place as sinners and now we can live forever in eternity with Him.

In Exodus, Chapter 12, instructions were given to each household to select a lamb that was at least a year old (at its prime), unblemished and kept for four days until it was sacrificed by roasting it whole. The blood of the lamb was placed on the doorposts of their homes so that the death angel would pass over their families.

In comparison, Jesus is the sacrificial Lamb of God who delivered us from eternal death and forgave our sins by dying on the cross when He was in His prime, at the age of 33, and none of His bones were broken.

The Seder meal means “order.” Prayers and scriptures are read by those at the table. The dinner is formal with white tablecloth and fresh flowers and multi courses. This year our menu will be:

Chicken Soup with Matzo Balls

Mixed Green Salad

Cross Rib Roast

Garlic Flavored Quinoa

Green Beans

Coffee

As I light the candles to commence our Passover Seder, I will be thinking of Jesus and His great sacrifice for mankind. Just as Moses instructed each household to take responsibility for their unblemished lamb, I am praying that our family will be responsible and reflect on all the things Jesus delivered us from this past year. Praise Jesus Christ, our perfect sacrifice!

Shalom!

This post links to Spiritual Sundays.


Comments

  1. Happy Easter blessings to you, sweet Mary! May your family enjoy the joy of Resurrection Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying Easter blessings over you, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I much prefer the Pesach linkage to the resurrection than I do Ishtar's (Easter's) fertility-fest. More-and-more people are endeavoring to pass the memorial with greater understanding.

    A blessed & hope-filled memorial to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God for sending His Beautiful Lamb as the ultimate sacrifice for us!

    Praying that you and your family have a wonderful Resurrection Celebration, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Mary, celebrating the Passover gives such meaning to Easter. To see the foreshadowing of Christ's sacrifice for us enriches our celebration of Easter.
    We have celebrated Passover a few times, but to do it as a regular Easter tradition with your family is quite a blessing.
    May your Easter be filled with Christ's love and the love of family drawn close.
    Blessings,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully said, Mary!
    Wishing you and all those you hold dear and blessed weekend!

    Hugs,
    Myra

    ReplyDelete
  7. your post feels like home...being Jewish and all....happy passover....His message of deliverance, freedom and hope.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband and I participated in a Seder Supper this year, as well, and really appreciated all of the symbolism and significance to it. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blessings to you and yours. I loved your focus with your family not only on Resurrection Sunday but also Passover. When we lived in Ca., at our last church, they always celebrated Passover with a Sedar. So much of our roots are in the Jewish traditions and we should honor and remember both.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Resurrection Sunday sister Mary! Just took time off from blogging and I had just seen your footprints at my site. God bless and protect you and your family always. I love the menu you had but what a wonderful time to remember the Lord!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonder-full Easter Sunday blessing to you and yours!

    May you experience the joy of the Truth this Resurrection Day – that we serve the Risen Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

    Praise His name for His gift of salvation, and for the hope and promise of eternal life.

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an inspirational way to celebrate Jesus! Wish I could have been there. Have a blessed week dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful post. I enjoyed your post about the cat too. LOL
    Thank you for sharing with us again on Spiritual Sundays
    Blessings,
    Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...