Skip to main content

Love of Kindred

Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.
-- Laura Ingalls Wilder



Like so many families, we hold dearest the times we have together during the Christmas holidays. I’m sharing today some of our highlights! We ate way too much rich food. We played Arizona Monopoly and I won! Susanna proudly gave a gift to her Papa, a pink flamingo, that was drawn with her handprint! We enjoyed Susanna’s delight at seeing Mickey Mouse at the Red Rock Fantasy Light Show. I love having my family near this week!






















Comments

  1. You have a beautiful family. So many smiles, so many blessings. I am thankful to God for friends like you.
    Beautiful!!!
    Blessings,
    Bree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, thank you for sharing your family photos with us. I loved seeing each one, especially Susannah. I pray that 2011 will be a good year.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas Mary. Thank you for sharing photos of your lovely family. Have a very Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family is so beautiful...

    I love your pictures and Susanna is a little heart-breaker for sure. She looks just like her Mama.

    There is nothing greater or more fulfilling than having such special times with our families with our Lord in the center of it all and you my precious friend along with your family radiate with His light and love for each other and all who have come to know you here or wherever you go.

    You are a blessing in my life dear sister...such a blessing.

    Love you,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great pictures!
    Don't-cha just wish we could bottle some of our most precious moments, to open when our spirits need refreshing?
    Happy New Year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how very precious it is to see your sweet family and oh my...your Susanna is just darling!! I know exactly how you feel...there is NOTHING better than having all of your family together! Truly the best gift the Lord could give us isn't it :)

    I pray you have a very blessed New Years Mary!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your granddaughter is always a joy to look at! She had grown so much! I'm glad you had a wonderful time together with the rest of your beautiful family. May all of your new year be filled with His richest blessings. God bless you sister Mary. Love you in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a dear post my friend...thank you for sharing!
    Your family is beautiful and that pink flamingo is so worthy of being framed..how sweet!!!
    Happy Holidays to you sweet friend!

    All my love,
    Deborah xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pictures too! It is always so good to see the families and that Susannah is such a little doll! I know your days were precious... ours too.

    Looking ahead quickly now to a brand new year in a few days. I look forward to hearing more in 2011... you are such a blessing Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mary,

    Just want to wish you and your loved ones a wonderful and blessed New Year in 2011!

    Warm thoughts of you,
    Silver

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, Susanna is growing up way too fast. She is a gorgeous little girl!

    Praying you have an awesome New Year full of unexpected blessings!

    Hugs,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had your best time!! Thanks for sharing the pictures of your lovely family. Is there anything quite so wonderful as time spent with those we love?!

    Hoping you have a very Happy New Year!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear Mary...what a precious Christmas post this is! I also read the previous one you wrote about the lights, and it really lit up my heart.

    I love your heart, the way it quietly shares the joy and realizations you have. so tenderly, every so gently!

    Have a great new year ahead of you...

    These two posts of yours were such a blessing to me. Glad I stopped by this morning, the last day of the year.

    Blessings and love,
    Lidj

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice post. Thank you for sharing. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...