Skip to main content

Counting it All Joy for Girlfriends!


It's Wednesday and time to reflect on the joy of the Lord and all the blessings He gives! I'm counting it all joy today for women friendships. Here are some facts from a lecture at Stanford: "One of the best things that a man could do for his health is to be married to a woman whereas for a woman, one of the best things she could do for her health is to nurture her relationships with her girlfriends. We women share from our souls with our sisters, and evidently that is very good for our health. Failure to create and maintain quality personal relationships with other humans is as dangerous to our physical health as smoking! So every time you hang out and schmooze with a gal pal, just pat yourself on the back and congratulate yourself for doing something good for your health!"

Last Friday night, the men were gone in our Life Group and we proclaimed it a "girlfriend night." We got in the Word together and reminded each other of God's extravagant love. We prayed together, ate pizza, wings and raw veggies together and even walked the dog together! I cherish these women. We even got silly together!


Help one another, is part of the religion of sisterhood. ~Louisa May Alcott


Be sure to visit Angel at All The Mus for an uplifting Wednesday. We count it all Joy!

Comments

  1. Oh I love the fun you are having with your girlfriends!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all look like you're having such fun. But why should that be surprising? You are such a kind and fun and happy person Mary.

    love you,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What JOY you all have on your faces!! Such wonderful times to be had on girls nights for sure !! Especially when the Lord is head of your friendships and lives!

    One day I hope to have a day with you and KNOW it will be glorious!!!

    Love you Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girlfriends are the best. Thank the Lord for them!!!
    Also wanted to tell you that your little granddaughter in the video is so sweet. God bless you my friend.
    Hugs,
    Bren

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE this scene!! I'm with you on this one for sure Mary... God just made us with that joy of sharing with other 'girls'...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girlfriends are heart treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love doing something fun with my girlfriends. It really does help. And my husband totally understands that.
    Loved your silly picture!
    HUGS
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Mary, so sweet! I rarely get a chance to have "girl" time with a young one -- but I agree -- we need our Sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Mary!!

    Oh what fun you gals had!!! And what a blessing to have such wonderful friendships like these!!

    Luv and Big Hugs!! : ))
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. His love is so evident from your faces! Glowing and bright! God bless you sister and thank you always for your prayers. Love to you.

    I don't believe in coincidences but my word verification is "ached". :( Despite the reminder, I'm feeling better actually and by God's grace, are able to finish all the tasks day by day. To Him be the glory!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

A Veteran's Story

  I noticed Bill sitting in our local park where I walk.   He glanced my way just as I finished the last exercise walk song on my playlist.   He shouted and pointed to my car:   “Hey, is that your car with the Nam front license plate?   I stepped closer into the veranda where Bill sat on a picnic bench.   I noticed his Vietnam Vet cap and instantly I knew why I walked there that day.   The Marine Vet served during the 1960’s, the same time span as my husband.   Bill talked a lot about the war evoking my emotions from laughter to tears.   My South Vietnam front plate often prompts a conversation with a stranger and I’ve learned a deep respect for it over the years.   It is my way of listening to a veteran.   I enjoyed listening to Bill.   He made me laugh in spots but he made me cry as well.   Like when he talked about the sandwich lady.   “Do you ever eat at the sandwich shop in the gas station down the street...