Skip to main content

Friday Funnies ~ Wife from Hell


A police officer pulls over a speeding car. The officer says: “Clocked you at 80 miles per hours, Sir.” The driver says: “Gee, Officer, I had it on cruise control at 60; perhaps your radar gun needs calibrating.” Not looking up from her knitting, the wife says: “Now don’t be silly, dear—you know that this car doesn’t have cruise control.”

As the officer writes out the ticket, the driver looks over at his wife and growls. “Can’t you please keep your mouth shut for once?” The wife smiles demurely and says: “Well, dear, you should be thankful your radar detector went off when it did or your speed would have been higher.” As the officer makes out the second ticket for illegal radar detector unit, the man growls at his wife and says through clenched teeth, “Woman, can’t you keep your mouth shut?”

The officer frowns and says, “And I notice that you are not wearing your seat belt, Sir.” “That’s an automatic $75 fine.” The driver says: “Yeah, well, you see, Officer, I had it on, but took it off when you pulled me over so that I could get my license out of my back pocket. The wife says, “Now, dear, you know very well that you didn’t have your seat belt on. You never wear your seat belt when you’re driving.

And as the police officer is writing out the third ticket, the driver turns to his wife and barks, “Will you please shut up??” The officer looks over at the woman and asks, “Does your husband always talk to you this way, Ma’am?”

(I love this part)

'Only when he's been drinking.!! '

You better laugh today; it’s Friday and time to connect with Kim at Friday Funnies!

Comments

  1. OH MY GOODNESS! That is soooo funny!
    Have mercy! Thank you for the laugh my friend. You always have good ones!
    Have a fabulous weekend.
    Hugs
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh!!! That is hilarious!! Thanks for the laugh!!

    Have a funny Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious! Thanks for the laugh this morning!

    Happy day!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I needed to come by here as it has been a rough week...and you brought a smile and chuckles...I so needed that my friend.

    Love you so much.

    Hugs,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Too funny!

    Happy weekend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny! Love the last line! Ha! Have a great weekend sister Mary and God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Mary,
    LOL...loved the Friday Funny post you did today! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary ~ that is tooooo funny! Mom and I were driving home from a funeral and I pulled this up and we got a much needed good laugh !! Thank you sooo much!

    I love you and pray you have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...