Skip to main content

Thankful Thursday ~ Simplicity


For years the research has shown the most popular flavor of ice cream is plain old vanilla. I remember shopping with my dad several years ago and stopping for an ice cream cone with him at Baskin Robbins. He ordered vanilla and they were out! We had a good laugh. Oh, the simple things in life! I, on the other hand, had so many choices of ice cream I wanted to try, I didn’t know what I wanted.


Today, I’m thinking of the simple things in life and thanking God for them. I’m thankful for the foundational truth of the gospel. Jesus said:

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

It’s simple, but it’s profound. There’s a lot of fancy, elaborate religions out there, but Jesus made it so simple. He invites us into a relationship with Him and promises us life everlasting. He offers abundant life to me today and also tomorrow and forever. For me, this truth never gets old. I’m thankful for my relationship with Him where every need is met.


Thanks, Laurie, for hosting Thankful Thursday today and choosing the theme of Simplicity! Be sure to log on at Women Taking A Stand and see what others are saying!

Comments

  1. Beautifully explained what simplicity in Jesus means...Glory to God!

    Happy Thursday sister! With this summer heat still lingering, I'll treat you for a gallon of ice cream...Any flavor :) [[[[sister Mary]]].

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said. Thank you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well said my friend. I love simplicity. Sometimes I think that things that are supposed to make our life "easier" actually distract us from what's important!
    Hugs to you.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMEN!
    We definitely need to get back to the simple life. I have been looking around at the "stuff" in our home and thinking about how much is really necessary. Well, certainly most of it is NOT.
    Jesus is the one and only true necessity in our lives.

    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an important point- God's plan has never been complicated. Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it is simple but profound. That God loved us so much. When I really think about it, I find it amazing.

    Love you,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simplicity is my goal and I am learning my faith does not need to become complicated all I need to do is follow...thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't that the truth? So simple but some of us are STILL having a hard time with it.Thanks for a great post.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes. Sweet simplicity. HUGE life. HUGE love. Our Jesus.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...