Skip to main content

The Golden Heart Award ~ I'm Honored to Receive



I am so honored to receive this award today not only from one, but two of my sisters in Christ. Rosel, from Off the Beaten Trek nominated me and I urge you to visit her. She is evangelically bent and has a wonderful way of encouraging souls to take the plunge and meet Jesus!


Alleluiabelle from Humble As I Go also was kind enough to think I deserve this. Her blog is a wonderful combination of deep poetry and prose from the heart and she shares her grandchildren now and then and they are delightful. Alle is an example to all of us when it comes to overcoming.


Thank you both for nominating me. When I began blogging last September, I didn't know how this worked. I loved reading blogs; I would get so encouraged. I wanted to give back and asked my husband if he thought I had anything to give to others. He answered, "Give them your smile." Jesus gave me a smile. I was pathetic at one time, but he gave me so much joy and now I'm a work in progress and want to share my journey! Praise Him!


In order for me to receive this award, I have to nominate five other blogs. Here goes:


1. Charlotte, from My Home In Scottsdale. Charlotte writes uplifting inspirational posts that draw you to Jesus. She co-hosts Spriritual Sundays. I never realized how anointed this meme was until I was not able to attend church for a few weeks.


2. Ginger, from Enchanting Cottage. Ginger's blog will inspire you with colorful decorating. Ginger is the other host of Spiritual Sundays. These two ladies visit every blog site that participates in their meme. What dedicated golden hearts of God these two have.


3. Kay, at Dream Big. I love this blog and its owner. You will be amazed how much this gal can fit into one week and have fun while she's doing it. Talk about inspiration. God really blessed me here with friendship. Now I know how golden his heart is.


4. Karen, at http://lilyvalley-karen.blogspot.com/ If you love to pray for people, visit Karen's site. She'll wow you with the power of intercession. Sometimes I read her posts twice because I find such gold in God's heart there.


5. Jean, at Daisy Chain. Jean blogs about inspirational scripture. I love it when she shares her family and her beautiful children and grandchildren. This woman with a heart for God is like gold to me.

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for this beautiful award. I'm honored that you chose me to receive it. And, congratulations on your receiving it.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. I love to read your blog too. You are an encouragement and an inspiration! You have MUCH to give.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definately deserve this award. GOD BLESS you and congradulations to all those you chose.
    Blessings and prayers, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. ~ I am so honored to receive this beautiful award and I thank you so much! Your words truly touched my heart and I thank you for that also. Congratulations on your receiving it too.

    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only was the joy that the Lord had given you that caused you to smile, sister, He gave you a golden heart! Don't we learn so much from our Savior and there are still more to be discovered! I discovered a golden heart and "pile of smiles" here. I'm sure there'll be more to be exposed later :) as the Lord wills. God bless and don't stop writing for the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Dear Friend,

    When I first came to your site, your smile drew me in right away before I ever started reading. Your face exudes joy and happiness. Now that I have come to know you so much through your writing, it's clear that you have a bright and shining heart for the Lord. He lives in you and you are such a fine example for all of us how He wants us to feel and exemplify Him. You do that my dear sweet precious friend. You do that.

    I love you and look forward to many more visits here and seeing your beaming face with pile of smils upon it.

    Many, many hugs,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, I remember very well when you began blogging last year ... and blessing me. I am thankful that God plopped you into my life! In time, I began to notice your gift of encouragement growing. It's because you really do have a Golden Heart full of Jesus! I count myself blessed to know you and call you my friend. Thank you for sharing your life, your encouragement, your friendship, and your award with me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations precious and beautiful sister and praise the LORD!

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...