Skip to main content

Spring is Here

 

Tomorrow is the first day of spring!  Our mornings still are chilly, but then the powerful Arizona sun arises to warm our March days.  I'm considering an herb garden this year.  Fresh herbs are wonderful for cooking.

I joined my Tucson family for spring break last week.  Our days filled up fast with fun activities--cooking and baking together, movies, board games, church, pizza.  Should I mention laundry and dishes?

The family discovered a new breakfast spot called The Bisbee Breakfast Club.  The pancakes were my favorite and the portions were huge.  We had leftovers for breakfast the next day.  I like the décor.  The kiddos modeled in front of the colorful mural wall behind our table.




Amy turns eleven this week, but we celebrated early with pizza, cake, ice cream and lots of presents.



We were able to take a road trip to New Mexico to visit family.  I felt refreshed to be with our cousins and reminisce about growing up in Chicago.  The blustery weather kept us homebound.  We absolutely love their fabulous ranch in the foothills of the Organ Mountains.  They spoiled us with delicious homemade cooking while their Goldens lavished us with love, and we them!  We laughed massively as we learned new board/card games.  The girls enjoyed the ping pong table and I gravitated to the coffee pot where the homemade apple strudel called my name.


  




We promised ourselves on the way home we would check out "The Thing" advertised on many billboards on I-10.  My daughter summarizes it well: "It's a hilarious tourist trap museum that suggests aliens infiltrated our world timeline back to the dinosaurs."  More laughs!


 



If this is any indication of a new season, I think spring will be a fun ride.

Comments

  1. How can Miss Amy be turning 11 already?!?! Both girls are so pretty; I know you're loving being along for their journey.
    The Bisbee Bee sounds delightful ... in part because one of my favorite authors (J. A. Jance) features Bisbee in several of her storylines. (From the web: Joanna Brady Series: This series focuses on Joanna Brady, a woman sheriff in Bisbee, AZ.)
    Enjoy your new Spring season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping that author's name. I like the books that take place in my surroundings. I'll look her up!

      Delete
  2. That's awesome there are lots to do with your grandkids & are keeping you busy! 🙏 They're not little anymore😁. Time is truly so fast! Happy birthday to your granddaughter and may God always guide her & protect her. Well, that goes to all of you. Great pics sister Mary & good to know that you're doing well. You even had the chance to pass by that museum. 👽 Love the last pic. If that was true, they ("things") are viles. (Elvis 🤔🤣). God bless & strengthen u always. Stay strong in God's mighty power! Prayers and love always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you make me laugh so hard!!! Love the Alien and Elvis thoughts! Yes, I agree. Those things are vile. I had my armor on.

      Delete
  3. No typos? No typos? Can't believe it!!! 😱🤣🥂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry ... Can't help it.... You mean the "evils" in people's "lives?" Don't like em at all. But thanks be to Jesus' sacrifice, the "veils" were removed. Thank You Lord! 🙌✝️ No doubt. He's watching over you because you love Him and believe in Him. May you have a blessed day! Daily. 🙏🌹🏜️

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Veteran's Story

  I noticed Bill sitting in our local park where I walk.   He glanced my way just as I finished the last exercise walk song on my playlist.   He shouted and pointed to my car:   “Hey, is that your car with the Nam front license plate?   I stepped closer into the veranda where Bill sat on a picnic bench.   I noticed his Vietnam Vet cap and instantly I knew why I walked there that day.   The Marine Vet served during the 1960’s, the same time span as my husband.   Bill talked a lot about the war evoking my emotions from laughter to tears.   My South Vietnam front plate often prompts a conversation with a stranger and I’ve learned a deep respect for it over the years.   It is my way of listening to a veteran.   I enjoyed listening to Bill.   He made me laugh in spots but he made me cry as well.   Like when he talked about the sandwich lady.   “Do you ever eat at the sandwich shop in the gas station down the street...