Skip to main content

The Refreshing Snow

 


I think the reason I like snowstorms is because the snow settles on all the imperfections of my property and leaves a much improved version.  I am thankful for all the rain last week.  My pine trees soak it up, but it leaves ruts of accumulated water across my front yard and ugly potholes in the street forcing drivers to slow down to avoid a muddy car wash.


This morning's sun rose up over our small community in central Arizona where almost four inches of snow fell in the night.  The perfect white flakes covered all the imperfections of weeds, ruts and mud on my property.




Everyone posted photos on social media of their snowy porch railings, their parked cars hiding under a white coat of snow and my favorite--dogs jumping in the snow with white, wispy snouts.

I bundled up in my winter coat and shoes and forged a path atop a perfectly packed accumulation to greet the strong sun and to assess and capture the beauty with my cell phone.







I sat in my kitchen with a cup of hot coffee and enjoyed my morning photo shoot.  I noticed my Bible on the table.  It was marked to study Psalm 18.  "The Lord will enlighten my darkness," verse 28 says.  I think to myself of how true it is.  It makes me praise the Father who sees me covered in His Son's redemptive blood where I, and probably my neighbors, see only my imperfections.  I resolve to see myself as God sees me, refreshed by His Holy Provision.  Only then can my imperfections fade away.

Join me today and see yourself as God sees you.  As Hebrews 8 says, He longs to be to us a God, and we be to Him, a people.


Comments

  1. Your pics are lovely. I like the snow too, but we have hardly any here because we are close to the sea. Yes, the Lord will lighten our darkness as we receive what comes down from Heaven. God bless you with all God has for us in Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful snowfall you received! I love going out after the snow has fallen, and just enjoy the beauty! Snow makes everything so pretty, indeed. Beautiful thoughts shared about Psalm 18. You always remain in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful snow and pictures! I see a `heart` in the top one where the blue is coming out thru the clouds (looks like a heart to me!). God`s light shines through your pictures and your post! Beautiful and light-filled verse from the psalm. Shalom and light-filled days to you and your family! Blessings❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good.
    Isaiah 1:18, "Come now, let us reason together, saith Jehovah: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...