Skip to main content

He's My King!







The UPS driver delivered the concentrated weed killer we ordered.  Now we can annihilate those nasty enemies that grow near the crucifixion thorns on the bushes that threaten us if we get too close with the mower.  The yard is shaping up, spring days are warmer and Holy Week approaches.

We’re complying with the president’s request to stay home.  Our local daughter insisted she pick up our groceries.  The other daughter checks in with us every other day and cheers us with fun stories about the kids.

While walking the dog around the neighborhood, little six-year old Amy waved enthusiastically to each passing car on the street. Families smiled back at her and returned the wave.  Her sister asked: “Mom, Amy is greeting everyone; why?”

My daughter replied:  “Amy is spilling over with the love of Jesus today.  Do you love Jesus, Amy?”

Amy replied:  “I love Jesus; He’s my King!” 

My thoughts this Palm Sunday turn to the community in Jerusalem the famous day when Jesus entered the city riding on a donkey.  They waved palm branches and paved the way for Him with their coats. 


Luke 19:37 tells of his followers praising God with a loud voice because they remembered the miracles they had seen.


Blessed is the King who comes
In the name of the Lord.
Peace in heaven and
Glory in the highest heaven!


The joyous bunch called Him a King that day.  I’m going to remember that this Holy Week.  King Jesus held a Passover Seder and prayed in Gethsemane that night.  He was a King but He was human and vulnerable and showed us how to surrender in the garden.  He was a King but he endeared the pain of crucifixion and death on a cross for the sins of man.  He rose from the dead.  He is the King of Glory.

My favorite lyric in Bethel Music’s song, How Great a King, conveys this: From the garden through the grave, You are the victory!”

We snipped a few branches from the Crucifixion thorn bush to remind us of the crown King Jesus wore for us.  Holy week is still holy week despite the shutdown of our nation.  Though confined to our homes, we Christians join together to honor our King and celebrate His and our victory.

He is my King, too, little Amy, and His love can’t be contained!

Comments

  1. WOW. Methinks our world needs more Vitamin-Amy!
    Thank you, dear Mary, for this reminder: He is my King, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, He is my King.....Praise the Lord that He is the King of the Kings and the Lord of Lords and is so trustworthy. Happy Easter dear lady. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a sweet story from little Amy! He is my King, too, little one! What a precious, precious child, so full of Christlike innocence and grace! Happy Holy Week to you, dear friend. You are such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The story about Amy made me think of this - I wanted to share it with you. Maybe she would like to hear it, too. :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwQqQkdn_5Q

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious child's faith! Especially in the eyes of the Lord. What difference faith-filled Amy did! To wave a little love from Jesus to those needing it that day! Especially with people awakening to confusion, fear and the order to distance from others. Thanks to the reminder of Who truly knows it all. That fear and confusion is not from Him and that His love casts out fear. Glory be to our King! It's good to be reminded sister Mary that as His church, nothing can stop us from worshiping even with "the stay at home order". I trust the Lord will turn this virus into something good. Be safe and love and prayers to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Out of the mouths of babes". Sweet Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jesus is the king of kings, the express image of God, and the giver of eternal life. In Him we have peace in this troubled world. Nice post, and a lovely story about little Amy. God bless you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I apologize for not checking my site for footprints left there. Happy Resurrection Sunday sister and please be safe. My blogging may be slower than a snail but my prayers would never be. Thank you sister Mary for your kind visit. God bless and strengthen you and your family! Love, hugs, and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Resurrection Day!!! Yes, The Messiah, The King, Lives! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love telling people I am the daughter of a King. Mary,it sound you are doing well with this shutdown, staying busy. Love this post and how you wore it into the Easter message.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Because He Lives, I Can Move

I’m currently in one of those places where you lay out all the options and then you make the best decision. It seems, however, like none of the choices are fair or attractive. I know God will help me in my situation because I desire His guidance. I’m clinging to His Word which promises that ALL things work together for good for those that love God and are called according to His purpose, Romans 8:28. I heard a great teaching this week about seeking God’s will and all the freedom that surrender brings. We can know that God is bringing about a victory if we trust Him with each and every decision. The speaker illustrated his point with a famous painting. The painting depicts a look of despair on the chess player’s face. He’s playing Satan and his soul is at stake. It looks like Satan is winning. Checkmate! When Paul Morphy saw this painting back in the 1800’s, he set up a chess board and aligned the pieces to reflect the painting. Being a world champion, he studied the board. His conclusi

Humor for the Bride and Groom

A young couple decided to wed.  As the big day approached, they grew apprehensive.  Each had a problem they had never before shared with anyone, not even each other. The Groom-to-be, overcoming his fear, decided to ask his father for advice.   "Father," he said, "I am deeply concerned about the success of my marriage."  His father replied, "Don't you love this girl?"   "Oh yes, very much," he said," but you see, I have very smelly feet, and I'm afraid that my fiancé will be put off by them."  "No problem," said dad, "all you have to do is wash your feet as often as possible, and always wear socks, even to bed."   Well, to him this seemed a workable solution. The bride-to-be, overcoming her fear, decided to take her problem up with her mom."  Mom," she said, "When I wake up in the morning my breath is truly awful."  "Honey," her mother consoled, "everyone has

A Veteran's Story

  I noticed Bill sitting in our local park where I walk.   He glanced my way just as I finished the last exercise walk song on my playlist.   He shouted and pointed to my car:   “Hey, is that your car with the Nam front license plate?   I stepped closer into the veranda where Bill sat on a picnic bench.   I noticed his Vietnam Vet cap and instantly I knew why I walked there that day.   The Marine Vet served during the 1960’s, the same time span as my husband.   Bill talked a lot about the war evoking my emotions from laughter to tears.   My South Vietnam front plate often prompts a conversation with a stranger and I’ve learned a deep respect for it over the years.   It is my way of listening to a veteran.   I enjoyed listening to Bill.   He made me laugh in spots but he made me cry as well.   Like when he talked about the sandwich lady.   “Do you ever eat at the sandwich shop in the gas station down the street?”   I replied that I’ve order coffee once in that place with a turke