Skip to main content

The Good Friday Journey




My first visit to Israel landed me smack in the middle of Holy Week.  An unexpected surprise literally swept me off my feet in Jerusalem on Good Friday.  I invite you join me at Truth Rejoices today where my friend, Jeannie, encouraged me to share my story.  I hope you like it!   Click here where you can read about my adventure and feel free to leave a comment.  I’ll be sure to read them.  Happy Easter, friends.

Comments

  1. Oh my friend...how exciting that must have been...especially being taken up in that huge crowd. You must have felt at some point as if this was actually happening in the time of Jesus being there with you. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful experience with us. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Left a comment over at your friend's blog! But wow, what an experience! I'm not much of a traveler, but lately I'm been thinking of visiting Israel; we shall see.

    Happy Easter!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That gave me chills, Mary. I'm not sure (that) I might not have panicked. To be there during Holy Week had to have been such a privilege.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Via Dolorosa - the way of grief. The most meaningful thing for Christians to do while in old Jerusalem is to walk on this road, believed to be the path on which Jesus walked to his crucification. A lifetime experience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How amazing! Thank you so much for sharing. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a blessing of an experience. I dream of seeing the Holy Land. I have often dreamed of making Aliyah, too.

    God Bless you for writing about your taste of Israel, so that others may be part of that beautiful memory of yours.

    Hasi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, it was so nice to click over and read of your wonderful adventure! Thank you for sharing and for all you do. May the dear Lord bless you on this wonderful Easter day and always! Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lord have mercy, I have the Holy Bumps! How very exciting you must have been! I want to go.......Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful to be in such a blessed place during that special time! My dream has always been to travel to the Holy Land. I will certainly read your thoughts on the link. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My dream location for Holy Week. Best place for the season really.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...