Skip to main content

My Daybook






For Today…February 2, 2015

Outside my window…a cloudy morning, 55 degrees expecting to reach 67!

I am thinking…how grateful I am for all the rain over the weekend.

I am praising God for… the way He sent His angels to help my husband and our friends get their big van unstuck in the mud last Saturday night after two hours!  It was an unfortunate end to a lovely dinner party at our house.

I am in prayer for…a close friend of ours who just checked into the VA hospital for cancer treatment today.

I am thankful for…the gift of a renewed membership at the Recreational Center in town!

From the kitchen…cooking 15 Bean Soup with Kielbasa and crusty bread for dinner.




I am creating…a special homemade card for a friend’s birthday party next weekend.

I am excited that…I have the funds to fly to Chicago this June and visit my family.

I am hoping (trusting) that…my granddaughters will get well and stay healthy and that the ear infections and high fevers will cease.

I am looking forward to…getting my hair cut in a few days.

I am reading…Until Tuesday, by Luis Carlos Montalvan, a story about a wounded warrior and the golden retriever who saved him.

One of my favorite things is…receiving a bouquet of flowers in the middle of winter.  Thank you to my daughter, Amy!

A few plans for the week…Hubby and I are going into the mountains tomorrow afternoon and spending the day in a favorite town there to do some shopping and a special lunch!

A favorite quote…"Do you wish to find out the really sublime? Repeat the Lord's Prayer" – Napoleon

A favorite scripture…The grace (spiritual favor and blessing) of the Lord Jesus Christ (the Anointed One) be with your spirit. Amen (so be it) - Philippians 4:23

A picture thought…Here I am holding my birthday cake while being sung to at my dinner party last Saturday night!







I was invited to link my post to The Simple Woman’s Blog.  
I invite others to participate as well!

Comments

  1. Oh how I wish we had 55 degree weather right now!! Have fun in the mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Happy Birthday to you, Mary!! (29 again, right?!)

    I love your daybook! I find it interesting that we all have this mixture of good and bad things in our days. And yet, in it all, we are always in the Presence of the Lord, the Anointed One.

    Amen, so be it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this 'Daybook' forum, Mary! I may give it a try one of these days.
    ... Mostly, I love how happy you sound.

    Wishing you and hubs a wonderfully memorable excursion tomorrow! Drive safe and (if you're headed where I think you may be), don't look down. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a belated happy birthday:)
    I enjoyed reading your daybook. Love to get to know you more lovely friend:)

    Here is very cold. Minus three degrees and snowing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to see that you were able to do a Daybook Entry, Mary. I so enjoyed reading it. The fact that you are making a special birthday card for a friend brought a smile to my face.

    Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're beautiful smile with your birthday cake says it all...and I love reading your daybook. It feels like friends just sharing their worlds....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...