Skip to main content

I Took My Husband to a Joyce Meyer Conference




I’m intrigued.  The Spirit of God is so subtle sometimes that at the end of the day, I find myself realizing “that was God!”  I always take notes in conferences, lots of them, because I don’t want to forget what I heard.  I attended a Joyce Meyer Conference in Phoenix over the weekend and I decided not to take any notes this time, but to sit there and soak in God’s presence.  Her topic was perfect for this.  She spoke about God’s Kingdom and how it is not a certain place but it is within us.  We have righteousness, joy and peace when we give our hearts to Jesus.  The focus is on who we are when we belong to Him, not what we do to win approval from God or any person.   The benefits of belonging to Him outweigh anything we could strive to achieve on our own!  It’s true; when you really know the relational Jesus, He goes everywhere with you with the best advice and counsel and ease.  I not only heard it, but felt that in the conference!

Joyce referred to a favorite story of mine in Matthew 13:44.  I’ve often asked myself:  “What it is that I’m the most passionate about?”  “What is it that no matter the cost, I want it and I’m going to get it?”  In Jesus’ story, the man found a treasure that was hidden in a field.  So he hid it again and then sold everything he owned to get enough money to buy the field.  Jesus says that’s what the Kingdom of Heaven is like.  Talk about joy!







My husband had a good time and our conversation on the long drive home was uplifting. He never wanted to take off work to go to a conference in the past, but always told me that when he retires he will attend one with me.  He going with me is another reason I kicked back.  I wanted to watch him observe the production of her conference with all the cameras, praise music, stage smoke, amazing stats about evangelism outreach, and of course, mingle in a crowd of hungry souls just like us.  I am always in awe at the appeal of her messages.  Every seat is occupied with people who have diverse needs yet the word she brings forth touches every single heart.

We are encouraged to believe, and encouraged to love others.   Faith abounds in these times!   It is, in fact, experiencing the Kingdom!

Comments

  1. That is awesome Mary!!!
    What a treat to have hubby by your side!
    Woohoo!
    Hugs & smiles xo

    All my heart,
    Deborah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to share this conference with your husband. Joyce is an amazing speaker and you were fortunate to be able to attend. Thank you for sharing what she spoke about..and that you not only heard but felt the message♥...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

A Veteran's Story

  I noticed Bill sitting in our local park where I walk.   He glanced my way just as I finished the last exercise walk song on my playlist.   He shouted and pointed to my car:   “Hey, is that your car with the Nam front license plate?   I stepped closer into the veranda where Bill sat on a picnic bench.   I noticed his Vietnam Vet cap and instantly I knew why I walked there that day.   The Marine Vet served during the 1960’s, the same time span as my husband.   Bill talked a lot about the war evoking my emotions from laughter to tears.   My South Vietnam front plate often prompts a conversation with a stranger and I’ve learned a deep respect for it over the years.   It is my way of listening to a veteran.   I enjoyed listening to Bill.   He made me laugh in spots but he made me cry as well.   Like when he talked about the sandwich lady.   “Do you ever eat at the sandwich shop in the gas station down the street...