Skip to main content

Update on Bonnie



"When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder
who stands a chance against us?"
Pam Brown


This is my favorite “Sisters” photo.  Bonnie is the blonde hugging me, Judy is the redhead next to me, and brunette Tammie behind her.  How’s that for variety?

Thank you, friends, for helping me  pray for Bonnie whom I mentioned in my post just a month ago, June 11.  She was vacationing in Las Vegas and was rushed to Sunrise Hospital for immediate surgery for a brain aneurysm.  It was such a dangerous time, but your loving prayers got us through.  She began to respond and yesterday, she was airlifted back to Chicago where she is in rehab in a hospital close to home.  She is beginning to talk!  She responded accurately to the nurse who asked her to say her birth date.  

My family and I thank you and we appreciate  every prayer for Bonnie!  

Mark 16:18 “And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Comments

  1. So glad to read this news Mary! The power of prayer is truly amazing.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this update, Mary! You can just FEEL the love in this picture!
    Your Bonnie remains in my prayers.

    Hugs,
    Myra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mary what a lovely photo of you and your sisters! I'm so happy to hear that Bonnie is on the mend now, and what a comfort it is to know that our Father is in control of every situation, working in it and through it.
    Love , hugs & prayers coming your way and for Bonnie and your family.

    In His love,
    Deborah xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a precious photo for sure! So glad to hear sister Bonnie is doing much better. I believe in the power of prayer but how awesome to be united to make the Holy Mountain move! Glory be to our good God. Blessings & love to you sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God, prayers continue for Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, let's keep declaring life and health to your SIL Bonnie.

    Blessings
    Lidia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such wonderful news! Like you, I have 3 sisters. I know what a joy they are; and how worrisome it would be should even one of them have so great a struggle as Bonnie.

    Praying God's continued mercies & healing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome picture of all of you and shouting praise for Bonnie doing well. And each day she'll do better and better....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am praying for Bonnie. You are blessed to have sisters. I'm an only child.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good news. Blessings to you dear one. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

A Veteran's Story

  I noticed Bill sitting in our local park where I walk.   He glanced my way just as I finished the last exercise walk song on my playlist.   He shouted and pointed to my car:   “Hey, is that your car with the Nam front license plate?   I stepped closer into the veranda where Bill sat on a picnic bench.   I noticed his Vietnam Vet cap and instantly I knew why I walked there that day.   The Marine Vet served during the 1960’s, the same time span as my husband.   Bill talked a lot about the war evoking my emotions from laughter to tears.   My South Vietnam front plate often prompts a conversation with a stranger and I’ve learned a deep respect for it over the years.   It is my way of listening to a veteran.   I enjoyed listening to Bill.   He made me laugh in spots but he made me cry as well.   Like when he talked about the sandwich lady.   “Do you ever eat at the sandwich shop in the gas station down the street...