Skip to main content

Random Smiles




This past week has been good for some laughs at our house. 

To begin with, our cat jumped into the center of our Messianic Seder dinner table last Friday evening during Passover.  Muppy is well behaved and isolates herself  from others so we were shocked when she crashed our party and her tail caught on fire.  My husband's wit was sharp as he explained that we were suppose to roast a lamb tonight, but instead we will use our cat.  Oy vey, the smell of burnt fir!

When the night began, we all took bets on how long it would be before my son-in-law's pressed, white shirt would stain.  That has been pretty much his history.  I was so careful sitting across from him, and I meticulously poured the grape juice slowly for each cup we raised in prayer.  Even with the surprise of the cat jumping on the table, and four cups of grape juice later, he was "stainless!"  That's a first!

 
My granddaughter called me over the weekend to tell me about the basket she received for Easter.  I asked her what did you find in that basket?  She said:  "Chocolate and chocolate."  Sounds good to me.  I learned that a new Max & Ruby DVD was hidden in there, too!




This is funny!  I got a fax at work the other day.  It was in regards to the company's new sales promotion.  Let me just say that in years passed, sales promotions were five star blessings!  I can count on my fingers and toes the times our office's sales quotas met the requirements for company perks.  It was marvelous to be given trips to hoity toity resorts in Hawaii, Costa Rica, Mexico, Bahamas, etc.



But the economy stinks and now the incentive to sell the product is.....are you ready for this (I wasn't) a new polo shirt!  Yeah! 

Be sure to encourage someone with a smile or two today!  This post links to Tell Me A Story, hosted by Hazel, also on my sidebar.

Comments

  1. Thank you for visiting Tell me a Story.
    I loved your story and the roasted cat was cool! I am glad your grand daughter received chocolate chocolate and chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's little stories like these that put a lot of love and joy in our life. Thanks fro sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I loved hearing your stories today. Made me smile. It took me 3 white shirts and numerous spaghetti sauce stains later to realize I should really wear an apron when cooking AND probably not where white when I make spaghetti. LOL!
    Oh and good luck with getting your Polo shirt. Sheesh!
    HUGS!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silly Muppy! I'm glad it turned out ok! What a great story!
    Chocolate and chocolate. Yum.
    The stained shirt vigil sounds familiar too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolate...yum!
    My daughter loved Max and Ruby when she was a tad younger. Ahh, takes me back. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww..I am in sales too and what good is a polo? I mean come on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww delightful post. Made me smile, especially with our cat. Blessings to you dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that cartoon! How is your poor kitty's tail doing? What a funny story! Poor thing. I'm glad your granddaughter enjoyed her Easter basket! She is adorable! Thank you for the smiles today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you did make me laugh. And boy did I need it!

    Thank you! Keep the stories coming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the chuckles today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Mary, you made my day! Visions of burnt cat-tail & classy polo shirts is just too much.

    Every now and then we get to see just how hysterically funny is this business of living.

    Thanks for the chuckle.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Random fun, Mary!

    I had to laugh at your cat jumping into the middle of your table! Perhaps Muppy just wanted to say her own praises to the Lord..."FUR He is risen!" (Hope that doesn't seem sacrilegious - just couldn't resist).

    And oh, we have running bets on stained shirts in our family, too. Won't mention any names, but it's two young men who happen to call me "Mom."

    And oh, sure hope you win that shirt!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that was too funny about your cat and his tail catching on fire. Too funny. I love that. Glad you had fun. Your family sounds so fun

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Mary.....burnt fur and a polo shirt....OY VEY!!!

    Bless you for the big smiles, sister!!!

    HE IS FAITHFUL!!
    Luv and Hugs!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

A Veteran's Story

  I noticed Bill sitting in our local park where I walk.   He glanced my way just as I finished the last exercise walk song on my playlist.   He shouted and pointed to my car:   “Hey, is that your car with the Nam front license plate?   I stepped closer into the veranda where Bill sat on a picnic bench.   I noticed his Vietnam Vet cap and instantly I knew why I walked there that day.   The Marine Vet served during the 1960’s, the same time span as my husband.   Bill talked a lot about the war evoking my emotions from laughter to tears.   My South Vietnam front plate often prompts a conversation with a stranger and I’ve learned a deep respect for it over the years.   It is my way of listening to a veteran.   I enjoyed listening to Bill.   He made me laugh in spots but he made me cry as well.   Like when he talked about the sandwich lady.   “Do you ever eat at the sandwich shop in the gas station down the street...