Skip to main content

Keep the Mink; I'll Take Healing



I roared with laughter when I heard Joyce tell the story about praying for a Mink coat, not getting one, and watching her next door neighbor get one for a gift. Joyce teaches how it pleases God when we have a good attitude minus the jealousy. It was entertaining to hear her tell it all and teach the lessons of waiting on God, but not the least bit funny when it happened to me last week.

I’ve not been praying for a mink coat, but I have been asking God for healing. I put my hand on my inflamed joints and stretch out my other hand in agreement when the 700 Club prayer time comes on the show.

Last week I had lunch with my girlfriend, Mo who is married to a rich lawyer from Scottsdale. Mo’s been having pain in her right hip just like me. She told me over lunch how she went to her doctor and told him that the day before her scheduled appointment, she just happened to see the 700 Club and prayed with them, claiming healing for her hip and woo-la, she got healed immediately. Her doctor confirmed her healing, gave her a few exercises to do, and praised God with her.

I am so happy for Mo. Because of Joyce’s teaching, I know that attitude means everything when you see your girlfriend get the jackpot you’ve been hoping for. Truth is, God is awesome and has enough healing to go around for every single one of us. My miracle is coming!

This post links to:

Tell Me a Story

http://letmetelluastory.blogspot.com/

On Your Heart Tuesday

http://www.shandaoakleyinspires.com/

Comments

  1. Great testimony! I too have a pain in one of my hips but due to high deductible, have no idea what it is.
    I will have to watch the 700 club soon; I used to watch it all the time.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your story so very much! I can never figure out why some are healed and other not or at least not immediately. Using natural home remedies helps me. Cod liver oil for joints and my brother in law uses a Tablespoon apple cider vinegar with honey he says does wonders.
    Thank you for sharing at “Tell Me A True Story” Blog Party At http://letmetelluastory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are praising God for your friend's healing. Joyce's story hits home. It can be hard to see others who seem to get answers to prayer. But I have to remember that He always answers. It may be yes, no or not yet. And His timing is always perfect. Praying that you will be feeling better soon and have that miracle of your own. But through the pain you share a testimony of love.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're beautiful attitude is what is glorifying God right now. That's what it's about. Soon we will live with no more pain or tears, for now we glorify God that other's may wonder at our attitude and seek the one that provides something so strange...

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your story is a great reminder to be happy for others good fortune. Not always easy. You're right. There are more than enough miracles to go around. I'm praying for healing for your hip pain and for my back pain. Two more miracles are easy for God.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your attitude! And, YES, your miracle is coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a loving testimony to all us...I pray you will receive your miracle at just the right time as God is always on time.....

    I pray you are blessed beyond measure during this Easter season.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes I remind myself that God has no watch and no calendar. Then I steady myself for the wait of faith. I love to witness His acts of amazing grace, though I must confess sometimes I look at my watch as though He's tardy :)

    I've got arthritis in my hands & lower back. It's such a great reminder for me to number my days that I might gain a heart of wisdom.

    Hugs & blessings,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...