Skip to main content

Kids' Perspective



There is nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child.
Erma Bombeck



What do kids think of angels? Here are some thoughts:

I only know the names of two angels, Hark and Harold.
Gregory, age 5

Angels have a lot to do and they keep very busy. If you lose a tooth, an angel comes in through your window and leaves money under your pillow. Then when it gets cold, angels go south for the winter.
-Sara, age 6

Angels work for God and watch over kids when God has to go do something else.
-Mitchell, age 7

My guardian angel helps me with math, but he's not much good for science.
-Henry, age 8

Angels don't eat, but they drink milk from Holy Cows!!!
-Jack, age 6

When an angel gets mad, he takes a deep breath and counts to ten. And when he lets out his breath again, somewhere there's a tornado.
-Reagan, age 10

Angels live in cloud houses made by God and his son, who's a very good carpenter.
-Jared, age 8

Some of the angels are in charge of helping heal sick animals and pets. And if
they don't make the animals get better, they help the child get over it.
- Vicki , age 8

What I don't get about angels is why, when someone is in love, they shoot arrows at them.
-Sarah, age 7

Comments

  1. I love this...it made me smile this morning. Your grand-daughter is so precious.

    Love you my friend,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. Kids sure hear things differently from adults, and sometimes get right to the heart of the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you JUST LOVE a child's perspective!!

    These are PRECIOUS!!! Love your pic of Susannah!! What a doll she is@

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are simply classic, reminding me of a little boy who thought the three older ladies following him one day were named Shirley, Goodness and Mercy!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for putting a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smiling here too, nothing like the wisdom of a child!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the smile you rubbed us with! Your granddaughter is adorable! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hysterical! Children remain the best source of humor anywhere, and for all time. From your collection, they are even smarter than angels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!!!
    Merry Christmas,
    Bren

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute. My cousins is having a Christmas party this year called a WHITE OUT. To attend you must wear Angel attire. It should be fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You definitely provided piles of smiles today! I love this...

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice post friend...thank you for sharing...wish i could visit everyone more frecuently but are many..and the hours are different but prayers and blessings on your way..remembering the real reason for the holidays..days of peace love and thinking...loves from our home to yours...maranatha..

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is too cute, Mary. And the picture of your little grand daughter, so sweet.

    Have a meaningful advent season, you and your family!

    Love
    Lidia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this post, Mary! I especially liked the one who said his angel was good at math not good at science. lol

    And I especially loved the picture of your little angel! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mary -

    This is a delightful read. Thank you for this humorous piece.

    I was pleasantly surprised to see "perspective" in your title because on Thursday December 8, 2011, I wrote a post titled, "PERSPECTIVE." Only GOD...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Out of the mouths of babes!

    I just love the wonderfully quirky way that children look at the world. No wonder Jesus loved them so much. I think it's going to be quite thrilling to meet the angels one day, don't you??

    Susannah is adorable! Just the perfect little angel...

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha! It's brilliant, what comes out of kids mouths. I'll have to pass these on to my grandkids.

    Merry Christmas, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute! I have a 4 and 3 year old little Grand daughters that are beginning to express the cutest things and honestly their perspective makes me think some times. :) They see the world so differently from adults. I love them!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

A Veteran's Story

  I noticed Bill sitting in our local park where I walk.   He glanced my way just as I finished the last exercise walk song on my playlist.   He shouted and pointed to my car:   “Hey, is that your car with the Nam front license plate?   I stepped closer into the veranda where Bill sat on a picnic bench.   I noticed his Vietnam Vet cap and instantly I knew why I walked there that day.   The Marine Vet served during the 1960’s, the same time span as my husband.   Bill talked a lot about the war evoking my emotions from laughter to tears.   My South Vietnam front plate often prompts a conversation with a stranger and I’ve learned a deep respect for it over the years.   It is my way of listening to a veteran.   I enjoyed listening to Bill.   He made me laugh in spots but he made me cry as well.   Like when he talked about the sandwich lady.   “Do you ever eat at the sandwich shop in the gas station down the street...