Skip to main content

Thankful for Hair Color and Faith



I’m thanking Jesus today that He cares about everything in my life big and small!

My “read through the Bible” plan this year has me in one of the gospels every single day. I see over and over again how faith pleases Jesus and He easily can heal, deliver and teach. But I also see how disappointed He is when people do not believe. This difference made a change in me. I want to believe Him, to please Him.

I made a faith declaration and it came true, but it is kind of funny. I hesitate mentioning it for fear it makes me look like a tightwad. My husband took me to lunch this week and on the way, I asked him to stop at Walgreens my favorite drug store for hair color. I mentioned to him that I didn’t have my coupon file but needed color and will just run in and buy a box. His reply surprised me. He said: “Why don’t you believe for a sale?” “Okay, I said. I’ll make a faith declaration!”

I was just in the store two days ago and the brand I buy was full price, but that afternoon it was on sale, by golly. You had to buy two but instead of $8 they were on sale for $6 plus you get $2.00 back in register rewards! Wow! However, when I paid for it, the cash register did not spit out the register rewards. The manager was called and asked me if I had a manufacturer’s coupon to complete this sale. Nope! I was just about to speak and admit that I really didn’t qualify for this sale when the Lord told me to remain silent. She cancelled my original purchase and then rang up my boxes of color at $6 each again! Then she opened her drawer and handed me $2.00 making the sale $5 per box, unheard of for this brand. Why was I getting such preferential treatment? Was it because I’m loyal to her store or was she just professional in her job? Those of us in sales know that you want your customer walking out the door feeling like they got a good deal. I felt like I got a big serving of grace.

This message isn’t about hair color. It’s about believing. Believing for a discount is a little thing, but the concept is the same for everything. God showed me through this that He wants me to believe Him today for everything! He wants me to believe He’s God and He covers everything, even my hair!


This post links to Not About Me November and 30 Days of Thanksgiving-Reflections of His Grace, both on my side bar.

Comments

  1. I love your story! It shows that God wants to show us His favor, is looking for ways to bless us, big or small! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh He never ceases to amaze us!
    Love how He shows up and surprises us with joy..in little and big things.
    Happy weekend my friend xo

    Deborah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great, real-life example of believing and receiving! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you, and your thankful heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! God cares about both the big and small things in our lives.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...