Skip to main content

Random Blessings

Here it is the week before Thanksgiving and excitement is building as I plan my menu, polish the silver, shop for groceries and clean the guest room. But I want to pause and focus on my blessings once again and thank God for them. I’m calling it “random blessings” this week!

I met with my prayer sister yesterday. After lunch at a Mexican restaurant, we sat in the park across the street and enjoyed a beautiful fall day with strong sun and gentle cool breezes. We had a powerful afternoon time of prayer in the crisp outdoors.

It looks like I can possibly close a sale tomorrow. I’m so thankful to be able to have a big sale to work on as the holidays begin. What a way to end the year.

Our Tuesday night “Life Group” has been a great time of fellowship and renewing our minds. We have been discussing the Blood of Jesus focusing specifically on Knowing it, Believing it, Appropriating it and Expecting it. Our group is large; about twenty of us meet in a large home with a huge living room. We've been gathering for months now encouraging one another to put our faith in the Blood knowing what the Blood of Jesus has accomplished, delivered us from and ratified for us. Good stuff!

I love to bake and my daughter dropped by unexpectedly Saturday morning.




We enjoyed a cup of tea together and decided to make cut out, sugar cookies with a new cutter we found in the shape of a Saguaro Cactus. They turned out great! I got a kick out of watching her creative juices flow as she decorated them! We ate a few while watching a Christmas movie on DVD. I posted the recipe here if you are interested.

That’s what’s on my heart this week, my random blessings. I hope you have many as well. I’m linking this post to Shanda’s What’s on Your Heart Tuesdays.

Comments

  1. I enjoyed your blessings, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try some of those cookies! I love sugar cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only on Thanksgiving Day, but He truly shows His goodness each and every day! How awesome to be praying at all times with prayer buddies and everything else you mentioned. Those cookies look good! But what fun you both had baking them! Blessing after another...Not surprising coming from the Best Giver of gifts. Praying more of His rich blessings to be poured upon you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect day you've painted!
    ... I can just imagine Him smiling down and nodding.

    Thanks for the cookie link. I may try these and include in Christmas boxes to those on the east coast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Random blessings are the best. So glad you had a good week and those cookies look yummy. I think they have a cookie cutter in every shape imaginable don't they? LOL!
    Have a lovely week.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by to catch up on your posts. I enjoyed reading your list of blessings.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's a cookie bake without "taste testing" every 5th cookie? The Saguaro Cactus made me grin as I recalled how odd was Thanksgiving & Christmas when we first moved there.

    What fun to share in your shower of blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww, thank you for sharing your blessing......

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are indeed blessed. I'm so happy for you. Enjoy this week of Thanksgiving celebration .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mary -

    Thank you for this meaningful and rich piece.

    Congrats on your sale.

    Love those cookie shapes/colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Random blessings - I love it! I love that mommy was reading a book on thanksgiving day too :)- those cooking are yummy! enjoyed your post, found your thro' Joan's party.

    Blessings,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

A Veteran's Story

  I noticed Bill sitting in our local park where I walk.   He glanced my way just as I finished the last exercise walk song on my playlist.   He shouted and pointed to my car:   “Hey, is that your car with the Nam front license plate?   I stepped closer into the veranda where Bill sat on a picnic bench.   I noticed his Vietnam Vet cap and instantly I knew why I walked there that day.   The Marine Vet served during the 1960’s, the same time span as my husband.   Bill talked a lot about the war evoking my emotions from laughter to tears.   My South Vietnam front plate often prompts a conversation with a stranger and I’ve learned a deep respect for it over the years.   It is my way of listening to a veteran.   I enjoyed listening to Bill.   He made me laugh in spots but he made me cry as well.   Like when he talked about the sandwich lady.   “Do you ever eat at the sandwich shop in the gas station down the street...

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...