Skip to main content

Friday Funnies ~ Thanksgiving Dinner Conversations



Suggestions to Liven Up Thanksgiving Dinner


1. Load your plate up high; take it to the kitchen, toss it all in the blender and take your "shake" back to the table. Announce that it's the new Thanksgiving Weight Loss Shake.

2. When everyone says, in turn, what they are thankful for, say, "I'm thankful I didn't get caught," and refuse to say anything more.

3. Bring a date that only talks about the tragic and abusive conditions known to exist at turkey farms.

4. During mid-meal, turn to Mom and say, "See mom, I told you they wouldn't notice that the turkey was past the expiration date. You were worried for nothing."

Link
Wishing you a wonderful Friday. For more smiles, go to Homesteader's Heart

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness, I'm laughing my **** off over here! This is the best holiday piece I've seen in ages.
    Love ya!
    Myra

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make me smile:)

    Love, hugs, and prayers,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My! I might try the second one. LOL!
    Thanks for the laugh my friend.
    HUGS
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these are just too good!!! It almost made me gag to think of all that food mixed up in the blender...GROSS!!! ;-) HOPE you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is cute...I love number four! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice post thanks for sharing loves..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary -

    Thank you for the chuckle.

    Love the photo, lady.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...