Skip to main content

Costa Rica


A few years ago, my husband and I revisited beautiful Costa Rica. This time our daughter, Amy, joined us. Today's post is a trip down memory lane!


The Toucans were beautiful!



Amy met new friends and they joined her on the Zip Line Canopy Tour. Adventurous!




We spent a day in the rainforest. Beautiful!





My post links today to Shanda's blog, A Pause On The Path. I am participating in "In Search of Beauty." Be sure to visit and enjoy God's beauty everywhere.

Comments

  1. Beautiful! I lived in Costa Rica for 5 years and there is so much beauty there! I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Your photos of Costa Rica are beautiful, and your daughter is also. It's great to meet another Arizona transplant. Ohio, wow, how long have you been in AZ?
    It was great to meet you, and I will be visiting your blog often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure see a lot of mama in both your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos, Mary. My husband's aunt and uncle visited Costa Rica several years ago and they told of the beauty there.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! I have always wanted to travel to Costa Rica.....and never come back...!! he he :>)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks sooo relaxing! I'm sure there's a beauty in everything...We just need to make adjustments with the way our hearts see...God bless you sister and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beauty there. It looks so lush and green.
    So are you telling us you didn't go down the zip line with your daughter? LOL!
    Have a blessed day my friend.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wanted to say...I love you, right back! And I am so grateful for your blog....your blog title is something you truly can stand by....for you have brought me many 'piles of smiles'....Have a blessed Sunday!! lv alice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome post with pictures. Love the Toucan picture. Can just imagine the power in their big beak. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome trip and I want a toucan!!! They're gorgous...glad your dgt got to go with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These were lovely photos! I had no idea that Costa Rica was so lush!

    God has created a beautiful creation - even in its flawed state. I can hardly imagine what it will look like when He restores it to His perfect glorious condition!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful trip down memory lane. So happy your daughter could join you and enjoy the beauty and the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there, I just came over to say hello and I love what I'm reading plus we both participate in Thankful Thursday and lots of my buddies are following you...so I'm now a new follower. I've never been to Costa Rica but have zip-lined and it is so fun! Blessings to you this day.
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...