Skip to main content

Let Me Get That Door For You



"To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open." Rev 3:8


When God leads you to the edge of the cliff, trust Him fully. Let Go. One of two things will happen, either He’ll catch you when you fall, or He’ll teach you how to fly! Only God can shift things around for us and cause things to work in our favor.

My prayer partner sent this to me today and I had to share it. It is a confirmation also from a co-worker who quoted the same thing to me two weeks ago! God is telling me that He will get those doors for me and I don’t have push them to open or close.



This post links to Spiritual Sundays. Click here.

Comments

  1. I like this post. Let Go and Let God. Something I'm trying my best to live by. Especially when you're on the edge of the cliff. Or trying to get through a door. Blessings to you,

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s an encouraging thought – WE don’t have to be in charge of the doors opening or closing. Just watch which ones do. Thank you, Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing it with me (us), too sister Mary in His perfect timing! I remain trusting in Him wherever He wants me to go. God bless and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful quote! I need to keep this close.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen!!
    After all, He is the Door.
    :)
    So glad He's in control. xoxo

    In His love,
    Deborah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trust -- I've heard and read that word all day long. Once again God is bringing it to my attention. Trusting Him fully is the only way to live.

    Joyfully,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found out years ago that we need to wait for doors to open and not try to push them open. It's so important to remember that He knows and does what is best for us if we will trust Him. I guess it's human nature to want what we want and when we want it. Thank you for sharing this insight with us.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for you!! I love a word from a friend. And then when it is confirmed, I throw my hands in the air and praise the one who sent the message via my faithful messengers...

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...