Skip to main content

Friday Funnies!

I was walking down the street when I was accosted by a particulary dirty and shabby looking homeless woman who asked me for a couple of dollars for dinner. I took out my wallet, got out ten dollars and asked "If I give you this money, will you go shopping instead of buying food?" I asked. "No, I don't waste time shopping," the homeless woman said. "I need to spend all my time trying to stay alive."

"Will you spend this on a beauty salon instead of food?" I asked. "Are you nuts!" replied the homeless woman. I haven't had my hair done in 20 years.

"Well, I am not going to give you the money. Instead, I'm going to take you out to dinner with my husband and me tonight." The homeless woman was shocked. "Won't your husband be furious with you for doing that? I know that I'm dirty and I probably smell pretty disgusting."

I said, "That's okay. It is important for him to see what a woman looks like after she has given up shopping, and hair appointments.




Kim features more humor at Friday Funnies! Have a great day.

Comments

  1. Oh Mary! THAT is funny! I need to remember that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that joke but the picture is what finishes is off with a bang! LOL!
    Happy Friday my friend.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mary !! I always LOVE your FF!! Happy Friday my dear friend!!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness . . . my goodness . . . what am I going to do with you?
    You know I need prayer today and a good laugh!!! Thank you my friend.
    Please pray for me too. I sense spirtual warfare near me.
    Blessings,
    Bren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo Hoo, that is so funny, lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGoodness, that is hilarious!! Will definitely be showing my sweet hubby so that never crosses his mind!!

    Love and Blessings to you my friend!!

    I am having a giveaway, posted yesterday!! Come by and sign up if you get a chance!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, toooo funny! I'm going to show Duller this when he gets home. Oh, wait, I gave up shopping and hair appointments years ago... HEY, that's my picture! LOLOL!

    Love ya loads, sweet thang!
    Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta' share this with my DH, too! LOL...I'm glad there's no one around me to hear I'm cracking up right now. I must have looked crazy from outside the window though to those who'll see me. God bless sister. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi mary. got here from denise's site. thank you for your prayers for lanie and her family. it is very much appreciated. it is so unfortunate that things like this happen, but they do. things are done differently here in the philippines. even i was furious when i learned about it. but i know our God is a great God and He will make a way.

    thank you for praying. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL Or leaving the house a mess when they think we do nothing all day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...