Skip to main content

A Mother's Memories

Mother's Day this year will always be a memorable one for me because the gifts given to me were very loving and personal. Both of my girls marked the occasion with time spent away with me and I will never forget the memories we made together. While in California last month, one daughter took me to the Flower Fields in Carlsbad and a fancy lunch by the ocean.

This last weekend, I spent a day in the mountain town of Jerome, AZ with my other daughter. We attended the Historical Building Tour featuring buildings and Victorian homes built back in the 1800's. Some of the homes we toured were renovated and now are occupied. We enjoyed lunch at the old Jerome Hotel with ornate gold glass door elevators. I couldn't decide which photos to post of our day so I made a slideshow! Enjoy the Old West back in the 1800's to the present!


Comments

  1. Beautiful memories you are making with your gorgeous girls!
    Blessings, hugs, and prayers,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful...you look so happy.
    xoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. She sure looks like her mama!

    Thanks for sharing your heart's treasures with us.

    Blessings,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved all of the pictures Mary!! I can tell you were having a wonderful time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Mary how wonderful!!! Joy just oozes :) So glad you were blessed with such a loving and precious day!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed the slide show sweetie. Asking God to bless you with many more precious memories with your daughters. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome daughters...Like mother? Wonderful pics sister Mary. Thank you for sharing them with us. God bless you and your daughters! The view is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary,

    I can't picture any more perfect way to spend Mother's day than enjoying the company of your girls.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! That is beautiful and definitely memories to last a lifetime!

    Thanks for sharing and always blessing others with such joy!

    In His amazing grace,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mary,

    What a beautiful blessing you have received! Having daughters is wonderful in itself, but to have these wonderful memories to share is precious. I also read your last post, about deleting your post while feeling down. I have also considered it during the last couple of months...but just as you received another wonderful blessing from blogging friends, so it is with me when I look at the comments left, and to know that other people go through the same trials and challenges I do...we need that connection...we need each other.

    I know Debbie from blogland, and just love her...hope to meet her some day when we travel to Az. to visit family. I take it you live in AZ as well? There are so many of you great gals in Az., I'm jealous!

    Blessings to you, Mary...have a wonderful week!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary, what a fun mother-daughter time you had!

    It's been too long since I've been to Jerome. It looks lovely!

    I'm so glad you shared lots of pictures. I enjoyed each one.

    I already miss you! I had such fun with you and Kathleen last week. We must do it again. I continue to pray.

    Love you,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love your pile of smiles..I'm always smiling when I come and visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lovely to spend time with your daughters! Looks like you had a marvelous time! I enjoyed all your beautiful photos. Thank you for sharing them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautiful. I loved looking at your pics! Your girls are beautiful, too... what great memories!

    Thanks for visiting saved by grace... it's so nice to meet you!

    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well how cool is that, we went to Jerome too, on that last visit! It was my second time there. We didn't do the Jerome hotel though, we'll have to do that next time. Did you take the ghost mine tour? It was only $5, and it was so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mary, God is so good!!! You will always treasure the special time you spent with your daughters!

    I love the slide show! And I agree with Mari. You look so beautiful and happy!

    Much love,

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing your heart's treasures with us.
    free classified india

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing your heart's treasures with us.
    PPC Advertising India

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Veteran's Story

  I noticed Bill sitting in our local park where I walk.   He glanced my way just as I finished the last exercise walk song on my playlist.   He shouted and pointed to my car:   “Hey, is that your car with the Nam front license plate?   I stepped closer into the veranda where Bill sat on a picnic bench.   I noticed his Vietnam Vet cap and instantly I knew why I walked there that day.   The Marine Vet served during the 1960’s, the same time span as my husband.   Bill talked a lot about the war evoking my emotions from laughter to tears.   My South Vietnam front plate often prompts a conversation with a stranger and I’ve learned a deep respect for it over the years.   It is my way of listening to a veteran.   I enjoyed listening to Bill.   He made me laugh in spots but he made me cry as well.   Like when he talked about the sandwich lady.   “Do you ever eat at the sandwich shop in the gas station down the street...