Skip to main content

Spiritual Sundays ~ The Rock Church


A wonderful benefit of visiting San Diego is attending The Rock Church with my family. http://www.therocksandiego.org/ Pastor Miles' sermon today was one of my favorite topics: Keys to God's Will, using the basis of Matthew 7:21:

Not everyone who says to me, "Lord Lord,"
will enter the Kingdom of Heaven
but only he who does
the will of my Father who is in Heaven.

I'm sharing thoughts that I don't want to forget about this message:

God's will is worth finding out! 1 Cor. 2:9 -10 says: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him, but God has revealed it to us by His Spirit." The world and people will not always reveal what I'm to do to be in God's will, but His Word will. Let it speak to me! God will never contradict Himself. His will brings life!

God's will is a process. It is not a science; it requires practice.
I'm realizing as a methodical thinker, I need to flee "patterns" in my thinking. There's no box God can remain in and I must think creatively. Take a step of action; God will show me if I'm on track. This is freeing as opposed to stuffy analyzing and fear of stepping out.

What about when God remains silent? Not sure what to do yet? When I seek His will, I need to remember that His goal is to make me holy. I'm on a journey with a long-term goal and even if I did know the end result of God's will in a certain situation, I need to focus only on today letting Him mold and shape me into his image. Integrity is built on surrender.

Spiritual Sundays is hosted by Charlotte and Ginger. You will find many inspirational writers, so be sure to log on there!


Comments

  1. I always enjoy San Diego but have never gone to the Rock Church. Sounds like you had a wonderful experience there. Thank you for sharing these thoughts with us.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,

    These are some great insights and sometimes when God remains silent, He is simply waiting for us to be able to hear Him if He choses to whisper instead.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to hear more on this. Sounds like an awesome sermon. I feel God is silent now in our lives. Not sure what's happening. Trying to be still and listen. Thanks so much for sharing. Got any more? :)
    (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always good to reflect on the message we receive at church.
    Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you my friend. Thank you for sharing your heart, insights and experiences.

    Hugs,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a good word! You are so right about not putting God in a box. Thanks for an enlightening post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi again, just wanted to thank you for the compliment. Yes, the picture was taken Easter Sunday. Was that just last week? Seems like it was a long time ago. lol
    Hugs,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a way to end this post! "Integrity is built on surrender." Isn't that the truth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your insights on the sermon you heard...God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great message. I wish I could have heard it but you have done a great job of giving us the main points. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad that you're not only enjoying a nice place, but have a place to go to where His children gathers. Thank you for sharing an awesome message. The image of me, a clay, being shaped by the Potter's Hands, came as I read the last part of your post about being molded as we walk in this journey. Take care sister Mary! I know you're having a blast with Susanna! God bless you and your family! Praying God's protection over all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing the sermon you heard today about the keys to God's will. It sounds like it was a wonderful sermon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great topic and always something I am striving for, His will in my life. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. THIS IS SOMETHING I needed to hear...thank you. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love when a sermon hits home with me. This is one of those sermons.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mary, I wanted to let you know that I've left an award at my blog for you. I wanted other ladies to learn how special you are.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm jealous, I wish I had a church like that to go to here.

    God has really been moving me out of my comfort zone lately, and it's all good! I don't think He'll be silent as long as we're chasing after Him...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  19. http://www.smartbargainsus.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=58

    http://www.smartbargainsus.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=57

    http://www.smartbargainsus.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=56

    http://www.smartbargainsus.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=55

    http://www.smartbargainsus.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=54

    http://www.smartbargainsus.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=240

    http://www.smartbargainsus.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=53

    http://www.smartbargainsus.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=52

    http://www.smartbargainsus.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=51

    http://www.smartbargainsus.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=150

    http://www.smartbargainsus.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=50

    http://www.smartbargainsus.com/store/index.php

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...