Skip to main content

Friday Funnies: The Real Story of the 3 Bears


A far more accurate account of the events of that fateful morning...

Baby bear goes downstairs, sits in his small chair at the table.
He looks into his small bowl. It is empty. 'Who's been eating my porridge?' he squeaks.

Daddy Bear arrives at the big table and sits in his big chair. He looks into his big bowl and it is also empty. 'Who's been eating my porridge?!?' he roars.

Mummy Bear puts her head through the serving hatch from the kitchen and yells, 'For crying out loud, how many times do I have to go through this with you scoundrels? It was Mummy Bear who got up first. It was Mummy Bear who woke everyone in the house. It was Mummy Bear who made the coffee. It was Mummy Bear who unloaded the dishwasher from last night and put everything away. It was Mummy Bear who swept the floor in the kitchen. It was Mummy Bear who went out in the cold early morning air to fetch The newspaper and croissants. It was Mummy Bear who set the darn table.

'It was Mummy Bear who walked the bloody dog, cleaned the cat's litter tray, gave them their food, and refilled their water.

'And now that you've decided to drag your sorry bear-butts downstairs and grace Mummy Bear with your grumpy presence, listen carefully, because I'm only going to say this once....

'I HAVEN'T MADE THE stinking PORRIDGE YET!’

Happy Friday from here in babyland where I'm not sure I will tell the story quite like this to our wee one! For more humor, visit Kim at Homesteader's Heart.

Comments

  1. That is too fun and you are probably right about it going down like this. I'm with you though, for the little ones I will stick to the original : ) Thanks for making me laugh!!
    Love, Angel
    http://allthemus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. so can relate to momma bear
    "were my eggs mom?"
    a...in the shell you want to put the pan on the stove and turn it on. MOM I'm trying to get dressed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! That does sound a bit more accurate! I love it!
    Have a fabulous weekend my friend.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute and you're right; I think I will stick to the original version for my grandsons. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! That is funny! Have a great weekend Mary! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liked this version about Mama Bear! LOL. Have a great weekend sister and God bless you and your family always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Mary! Just what I needed...a good old knee slappin laugh! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is too funny, my friend. God bless you for sharing. God bless all the "Mums" out there too.
    Hugs,
    Bren

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it that you can still add smiles to that pile!

    Enjoy your days away, and the building of relationships.

    Blessings,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  10. funny version. LOL
    I really like your butterfly header photo.
    Have a great weekend.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it...

    Truth writes better than fiction does it not?!

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  12. :) This put a smile on my face. Thank you for sharing the funny! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! That sounds a lot closer to reality. Thanks ever so for sharing the laughs!

    Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just looked at the pics of your cooking...wow. I want some of those. I can't cook though or bake. :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Funny, but soooo true as well. Poor mum's are run off their feet while us guys seem to have this habit of sitting around and waiting to be served. (Need to work on that...)

    ReplyDelete
  16. "Make yer own freakin' porridge!" heheh...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my! I laughed so hard! What a comical way to retell the 3 bear story! I don't think I will tell it to my little ones that way either though.:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...