Skip to main content

Courage to Battle

Wednesday is the day you can call the local Christian radio station and dialogue with the DJ. Today's theme was "The Courage to Face Trials," based on Deuteronomy 31:6. No matter what comes against us, trust in the Lord, have courage and he will give us the strength you need to get through the trials and tribulations we all face and help you understand the purpose of the trial.

Four points were presented:
1) Be aware of God's presence
2) Draw from God's strength
3) Yield to His purpsoe
4) Meditate on His Word.

I identified with the caller who has learned to trade her anxieties for trust in the Lord to meet her financial needs. It's hard to surrender control, but easy to worry. Another wife called in to encourage those of us with prodigals in our families. She stood for her marriage when her partner turned to drug addiction and infidelity that led him to the pig pen. But today she praised God because it was four years that her marriage was intact because her husband became a follower of Jesus.

Isn't it just like Jesus to turn our lives around. He's the ultimate need meeter. When we're redeemed, we just can't keep it to ourselves. It takes courage to believe for that kind of victory.

Comments

  1. Oh Mary ~ what a wonderful show to listen to! Sounds very encouraging!!!

    I am so grateful to know the ultimate need meeter and that HE truly has turned my life around! For in HIM, there is ALWAYS hope

    Love you Mary and yes I was laughing at your comment today :) You precious melancholy you!!
    I adore you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HALLELUJAH! What a beautiful sharing of courage in the battle and courage to do battle.

    Love you dear friend! Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love listening to Christian stations while waiting for my child at school. Be it music or time to ask the pastors about what they are going through.

    And though it's not easy for most going through different trials, the pastor's answers always speak of hope and courage. Because it is His Word after all. Blessings and love to you sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Putting it politely, Prodicals seem to jerk our hearts out of the cavity on a regular basis and stomp on them. That being said, our loving Heavenly Father picks it back up, cleans it off and gently places it back with lots of tender love and care. Praise GOD for HIS gentle touch when we are dealing with our prodicals.

    I have missed you, lately. I love you and I am praying for you!
    Hugs, love, and prayers, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember being very ill and going to church - the pastor said God wants to take our worries from us - we need to go into a room and yell God take this worry from me - let me be free and let me let you take care of me... I did do just that when I got home... Later that night I went to emergency with a high fever... the doctor came in and said I have some good news and some bad news.. the bad news is that you have a bad infection (I had a tube in my chest for kidney dialysis) and the good news is somehow... someway your kidneys are working and you no longer need dialysis... this is a miracle that I believe God gave me just to show me that he was listening.... that was over 15 years ago and I am still well... we serve an amazing God...

    Love to you
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary,

    Having trusted and stood on the promises of Matthew 6:25-34, we know just how God provides and can fully attest to His goodness and love. He really does make sure to take care of our daily needs if we simply turn to Him and trust 100% and let go!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only worthy boast of our hearts and lips! I imagine he was well pleased to give ear to your hearts today.

    Thanks for checking in.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love listening to stories like this. It is so encouraging to hear other people come through the tuff stuff giving glory to God.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So timely for me to read. Lisa Shaw actually sent me this link so I would be encouraged as I'm going through my struggles. Thank you Mary.

    Love you,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...