Skip to main content

Friday Funnies



A cute poem was sent to my email and I want to share it with you today. For more smiles, be sure to go to Kim's at Homesteader's Heart. Have a great day everyone!




Cleaning Poem



I asked the Lord to tell me why my house is such a mess.


He asked if I'd been 'computering' and I had to answer 'yes.'


He told me to get off my fanny, and tidy up the house.


And so I started cleaning up...The smudges off my mouse..


I wiped and shined the topside.That really did the trick...


I was just admiring my good work.


I didn't mean to 'click.'


But click, I did, and oops - I found a real absorbing site


I got SO way into it -I was into it all night.


Nothing's changed except my mouse.It's very, very shiny.


I guess my house will stay a mess.....While I sit here on my hiney.

Comments

  1. Ouch - I'm feeling conviction, LOLOLOL. I like that. Now,...to click onto the next funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture was a great excuse..LOL...Love you sister Mary. Thinking of you today and lifting you up in prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! :) Very sweet and too true for me, I'm afraid.

    Take care. May the Lord bless you. May He give you a wonderful, joyful weekend!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that poem! Did I write that? LOL
    I have that same cartoon at the bottom but it's a girl holding the computer! I love it!
    Happy Friday to you my friend.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute! Love the cartoon! I know I kinda feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dear Friend,

    You always make me smile when I come here or think of you and your precious smile.

    This is a keeper :D

    Love you and still lifting you up in prayer!

    Peace, Love & Many Hugs,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

A Veteran's Story

  I noticed Bill sitting in our local park where I walk.   He glanced my way just as I finished the last exercise walk song on my playlist.   He shouted and pointed to my car:   “Hey, is that your car with the Nam front license plate?   I stepped closer into the veranda where Bill sat on a picnic bench.   I noticed his Vietnam Vet cap and instantly I knew why I walked there that day.   The Marine Vet served during the 1960’s, the same time span as my husband.   Bill talked a lot about the war evoking my emotions from laughter to tears.   My South Vietnam front plate often prompts a conversation with a stranger and I’ve learned a deep respect for it over the years.   It is my way of listening to a veteran.   I enjoyed listening to Bill.   He made me laugh in spots but he made me cry as well.   Like when he talked about the sandwich lady.   “Do you ever eat at the sandwich shop in the gas station down the street...