Skip to main content

A Special Inspiration


Thanks to Andrea, at Arise 2 Write, I'm able to post about this lovely Inspirational Blog Award today. It was created by a young teenage girl, a blogger who loves the Lord. Andrea displayed it today on her website for those of us who follower her blog and I wanted to do the same on my blog. I hope it blesses many as it blessed me! Have a wonderful day, everyone. Keep writing inspirationally as you live for Jesus. I eagerly pass this on to you, my followers, too.

The Message Bible speaks about 2 Corinthians 2:15-16 like this:
14-16 In the Messiah, in Christ, God leads us from place to place in one perpetual victory parade. Through us, he brings knowledge of Christ. Everywhere we go, people breathe in the exquisite fragrance. Because of Christ, we give off a sweet scent rising to God, which is recognized by those on the way of salvation—an aroma redolent with life. But those on the way to destruction treat us more like the stench from a rotting corpse.
16-17 This is a terrific responsibility. Is anyone competent to take it on? No— but at least we don't take God's Word, water it down, and then take it to the streets to sell it cheap. We stand in Christ's presence when we speak; God looks us in the face. We get what we say straight from God and say it as honestly as we can.

Comments

  1. Congratulations. Certainly, anyone who comes by here is truly inspired.
    Blessings and prayers, andrea

    PS: How is your daughter and family?

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's word ... it says it all!

    Hope you're doing well. I'm sure you are as eager as I am for fall to arrive in earnest so we can again breathe some cool air.

    In the meantime, hugs & prayers,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, you are very deserving sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Through us, he brings knowledge of Christ..." what a privilege to be used by Christ! May our aroma always rises to please God alone.

    Congratulations on that beautiful award. I was just reading the comments at my site and I was thanking the Lord for I feel so blessed to have met so many wonderful sisters here, like you...Love you sister Mary. It feels really great to know that there are so many praying for each other. Thank you for yours. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so beautiful Sister!

    Loved the sharing of the WORD and congratulations on the award unto the glory of our GOD.

    My heart and prayers remain with you and your family. I've missed visiting with you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a beautiful award. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Mary! Yes you are the epitome of inspiration!!! Every word, every post, and all that you are is inspiring to me!

    I love you my friend.....thankyou for being you

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Mary, I came back over to love on you as I know I left a comment the other day. The blessing of the Word of GOD is always so powerful. Thank you for the encouragement dear sister. You are a beautiful presence online. Love you.

    Praying still for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just want to say have a great weekend sister!!! Before I take a nap and go to work again tonight :) Please pray for me. i think I'm scheduled to work at Intake [where I will screen the arrestee from the streets]. Haven't been assigned there in a long time. I surely need the Lord's protection and guidance. Thank you for your prayers. Love you in Christ. I pray that all is well and that R. is taking a step to walk on that road "off the beaten trek". :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...