Skip to main content

Spiritual Sundays


22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
Lam. 3:22, 23

Many families are facing spiritual battles right now and we are, too. A member of our family woke up pondering the lyrics of “The Steadfast Love of the Lord” this morning and it’s become our signature song today. May it encourage you, also.
Thank you for the wonderful prayers, my friends. We feel the closeness of the Lord and I wanted you to know how comforting that is!

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end,
They are new every morning
New every morning
Great is Your faithfulness, 0 Lord
Great is Your faithfulness!

Be sure to join our hosts Charlotte and Ginger for more uplifting Spiritual Sundays!

Comments

  1. He is everlasting! Happy Spiritual Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great is Your faithfulness, 0 Lord
    Great is Your faithfulness!
    amen amen amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had shared this with another friend here in blogosphere. If also I may share it with you. Yesterday, as I was waking up, it felt like the Lord was telling me to read Psalm 125. So,I did when I did my morning devotion. v.1-"Those who trust in the Lord are as secure as Mount Zion;they will not be defeated but will endure forever." I'll let you read the rest when you get a chance. It is a wonderful promise that God is indeed our Protector. Evil prevails only as long as He allows. He is and will always be in control. May God's love, comfort, strength, protection and wisdom cover you and your family. Blessings and love to you sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary,

    I was so happy to see a post from you and haven't stopped praying! Yes, the heat is turning up but we should not be surprised should we?
    Praise the Lord for the Victory if HIM, we must take our Spiritual Authority and Praise HIM in these storms, Trusting and Obeying along the way!

    I love you Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is great to hear from you. Beautiful verse and very much needed. Thank you.
    Continued prayers, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Spiritual Sunday! Thanks for sharing and enjoy your day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good post. I love this song. Thanks for posting. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful post, I love the words to this song.God is ever faithful even when we are not.Thank you for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the reminder about the Lord's faithfulness. He is indeed faithful and on that we can rest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing it with us today. I'm thankful the Lord watched over you as you traveled.
    Have a good week.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you're home again, and I'm so delighted to see how the Lord continues to comfort & inspire you.

    God's best to you and yours,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's always good to hear a positive word. Have a great Sunday. You must have returned safely from San Diego. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! What a powerful hymn. He IS so faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank-you for these scriptures. I can never read these enough. I always enjoy your post thank-you.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  15. My Precious, Precious Friend,

    This is so uplifting for me to read this night too. Yes, we may be going through spiritual battles, but we are never alone...and I quote you again here:

    "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
    His mercies never come to an end,
    They are new every morning
    New every morning
    Great is Your faithfulness, 0 Lord
    Great is Your faithfulness!"

    All praise, honor and glory is yours Almighty Father forever and ever more. Amen!

    I love you sweet friend. I had to stop in to say hello and I'm so very happy that I did.

    Love, Hugs & Prayers,
    Allelluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning by morning new mercies I see! Praying ... loving ... believing ... claiming. Good to see your post, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How wonderful to wake up with a song on the heart and then share it with the rest of the family, then with us. I pray you are having a good bloggy break and feeling rested. Is your grandbaby still there?

    I'm having a one day give away on my blog today if you get a chance to swing by.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amen Mary! The steadfast love of the Lord Never Ceases! And Never fails!
    Great Spiritual Sunday Post!
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  19. "Stretched"...bet you and I could write "several" articles on this topic. Thank you for your prayers. My bridge and I have been reunited. I especially appreciate your prayers for my health right now...more than you know!!
    Blessings, hugs, love, and lots of prayers, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  20. My love and prayers remain with you and your family Sweet Sister.

    I love you. God is faithful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...