Skip to main content

Friday Funnies


It's Friday and time to link up with Kim at Homesteader's Heart to enjoy a few laughs!


Comments

  1. Oh wow! Her mother must be so proud! At least she's pretty! LOL. That was too funny my friend.
    Big Hugs and Happy Friday.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary, this is a good one :) Poor Kelly Pickler!!! Good thing she can sing huh?!!

    I am storming the gates for you my dear friend! I love you and WON'T stop praying....the victory is yours through JESUS!!!

    Have a blessed holiday

    ReplyDelete
  3. She must have gone on her looks throughout her life, that's for sure. Funny or ...is it pitiful? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless her heart!! She does have her looks...enjoyed the laugh! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was funny. My grandson's father is from Hungary. So it was extra funny to me.
    Also I am sorry I forgot to leave a comment below.
    You are awesome and deserve a 100 awards.
    Thank you for thinking of me with an award too.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just wonder if she was absent or cutting classes in her geography or history classes. Though I knew of a co-worker once who never heard of Greece. I thought she was kidding at first but I was the only one laughing, until I zipped my lips.
    God bless sister Mary and love and prayers always to you. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Sweet Friend,

    You always find the funniest things. You made me laugh again today and I surely needed that. :D

    I'm with the others on this one, her mom must be so poud, DUH! LOL.

    Love, Hugs & Prayers,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, I've so much catching up to do; happy I started here! Ya, it's scarey to think what our schools are (or AREN'T) teaching these days ... I work with a very (seemingly) bright young lady who recently asked in all honesty, "Does the President actually live in the White House?".

    Enjoy your day, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!!! LOL
    so funny!!
    LOVE IT!
    Have a Lovely Friday and a HAPPY 4th of July!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I came by last night when you had first hit the publish button but had trouble loading.. glad my server is back to normal again today.

    here sending you more smiles and hugs. Have a blessed weekend!

    As to your header pic, i think it's like a burst of sunshine everytime someone comes in here. But if you do not feel comfortable, another idea is to move this to the side bar and have a more generalised picture like a flower/nature/ as a header instead.

    (If you go to Dashboard, click Customize, you will see the Header box in the template. You can change the pic whenever you like a change by clicking Edit.)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I HOPE she was absolutely kidding through all of this...Oh my...well...she's cute....
    Yikes. That's actually a bit frightening...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yikes! It makes me want to figure out how to give my eighth graders a basic knowledge kit so they don't end up like that pretty miss!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Making rounds to share this special 4th of July with my blogging friends. Praise the LORD for our FREEDOM. Blessings to you and your family dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh dear! That's both amusing and tragic. (Watching the boy's expressions in the video were priceless!) Yet so many today are uneducated in regards to history and geography, that it scares me. Recently someone wrote to me that Ancient Rome, under Nero, was a Christian empire!?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...