Skip to main content

We Are Family!

Comments

  1. "Pile of smiles" here in these awesome pics of your family! :) God bless you and your wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word sums it up "JOY". There is pure joy on all your faces. I love it. How lovely. Looks like a beautiful place and a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing it with us my friend.
    Hugs.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing.....Simply beautiful.
    Boy did I miss you..I am thankful you had a wonderful trip and a joyous time with your family, but I am also thankful you are back to bring smiles to my life.
    Blessings and prayers, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are wonderful pictures. I looks like a family full of love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a joy-filled time it looks like you had! Is that your mom in the pic with you? She looks as precious as you! Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog and prayers for my dad and family!
    I am soo glad you are back with us but so happy you were able to be with your family and refreshed! I know you blessed all of them with your smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely loved these photos! I wanted to be in the family too! :) I'm so glad you had a wonderful time with your family and all the special blessings that our faithful GOD blessed you with -- awesome!

    Loved hearing the Sister Sledge song along with the photos. That took me back to the 80's :)

    Love you Sister.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big brother is watching your slide ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing..I've been sitting here looking at the entire slide show...What a blessing of a family...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...