Skip to main content

My Kind of Town


My flight to Chicago is just hours away. Thank you, dear friends, for all the well wishes and prayers for this trip back to my hometown for a family reunion.

I will not be posting anything until the beginning of June. I will miss reading about what is going on at your websites! Your friendships mean a lot to me. I’ll catch up with you when I return. Blessings to each and every one of you.

Comments

  1. Wow, we will MISS you!!!!!!!!!! Have a lovely time Mary! (((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll miss you sister Mary but we'll keep you in prayers! God bless and keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a bunch of fun! We'll be here when you get back!
    Hugs and have a safe trip.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting me today. We will miss you while you're gone. But Have fun!!

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have an AMAZING, blessed time sweet one..Will be thinking and praying for you...((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. have a great trip...i love chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be praying! Have an awesome visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have a wonderful trip! will miss you and look forward to hearing all about your wonderful time and adventures :)
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you have a great trip and truly wonderful family reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am going to miss you. I hope you have a wonderful trip. Can't wait to hear all about it.
    Blessings and prayers, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Missing you sister but I pray you're having a blast in Chicago!!!Take care and keeping you in prayers always. Love ya. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have no idea how excited I got to hear from you and immediately prayed for you. God is sooo good! I'm glad you have answered prayers. I pray that His love will really move and shake your family so that you are all united in Him. Thank you for dropping by sis Mary and I pray for you a continued fun reunion with your loved ones and may the Lord answer your heart's desires. God bless and I love you in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Guess who is going to be in the Chicago-land area on May 31? Me! I'll send good vibes to you while there, and maybe since we will be so much closer than usual, we'll be extra blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My Dearest Sister Mary,

    I've missed you! Health problems are still ongoing with my husband so I haven't been on sites at all really until now because I can't sleep.

    I hope you are having the grandest time away getting together with your family. You have my love, prayers and blessings during your entire time away.

    I love you dear friend,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...