Skip to main content

The Grand Canyon



A few years ago, we took a trip to the Grand Canyon with our daughter and her husband. We had a business errand that required us to be just about 20 miles south of Grand Canyon National Park, so we invited the kids to go along and spend the weekend with us.

The theme today for Thankful Thursday is “Thanking God for nature.” I’m thankful for not only the privilege of living in the beautiful state of Arizona with its diverse beauty, but I’m thanking God for the lovely memory we created as a family that weekend. The month was November and we just celebrated Thanksgiving! How appropriate to post this memory today and thank God for His beauty all around us as well as the family with which He has blessed me.

Here’s a few facts about the Grand Canyon before I share a photo: The Canyon is 277 miles long and ranges from 4 to 18 miles wide. It is over a mile deep.




The Grand Canyon is majestic. It is the creation. God, our Father and Creator is our rock and refuge. His beauty is seen in the smallest pansy as well as the largest canyon.


Psalm 145:5 says:
I will meditate on the glorious splendor of your majesty and on your wondrous works.

If you would like to participate today, join us at Lynn’s website. Tell of how you see the Lord's beauty in nature and remember to be thankful today!

Comments

  1. Such a beautiful thankful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always been amazed by the Grand Canyon! Such a mighty creation of God's.

    Happy Thankful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing that awesom picture of the Grand Canyon. The scripture you picked out goes with it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to see your photo of the Grand Canyon. I'm also happy that we both live in Arizona and one day we will get together so we can talk in person. Happy Thankful Thursday. BTW, my hubby and I are leaving in the morning for Flagstaff. A friend loaned us their cabin for some much needed R&R.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see the Grand Canyon in person. Isn't God great?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics! All creation sings His praises!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very, very beautiful! I hope to visit the Grand Canyon one day! It's so magnificent!

    Blessings,

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, they're breathtaking! Would very much like to visit Grand Canyon one day...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!

    Thank you for asking about my breathing. My allergies are still bad. I am still coughing a good bit. I am MUCH better than I was a couple of weeks ago, but still very tired and dealing with congestion.
    Thank you for being such a wonderful friend...Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Scientific studies said that Colorado River created the canyon. I say, this is one of the wonderful works of God's loving hands. Magnificent indeed! Thank you for sharing.
    My family planned once to go but never did. So I hope we get to see it one day. If not, still okay, I'll just come back to this post and look at the picture. Feels like I had a tour! God bless sister Mary and take care as you travel. Praying for you always. Blessings and love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one place I have always wanted to go and see..I need a passport now though,,lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truly a spectatular place! I've been there twice and can't wait to go back again.
    I heard they had to take the Scripture verse down that were at some of the vistas on bronze plaques. :(
    Thank you so much for being so faithful at praying for my family over the past month. It's meant so much to have praying friends.
    I'm trying to get back to a "normal" blog visiting schedule, so hopefully you will start to see me coming around more. I write daily as a discipline and outlet. I just don't always get to visit because of time constraints.
    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

A Veteran's Story

  I noticed Bill sitting in our local park where I walk.   He glanced my way just as I finished the last exercise walk song on my playlist.   He shouted and pointed to my car:   “Hey, is that your car with the Nam front license plate?   I stepped closer into the veranda where Bill sat on a picnic bench.   I noticed his Vietnam Vet cap and instantly I knew why I walked there that day.   The Marine Vet served during the 1960’s, the same time span as my husband.   Bill talked a lot about the war evoking my emotions from laughter to tears.   My South Vietnam front plate often prompts a conversation with a stranger and I’ve learned a deep respect for it over the years.   It is my way of listening to a veteran.   I enjoyed listening to Bill.   He made me laugh in spots but he made me cry as well.   Like when he talked about the sandwich lady.   “Do you ever eat at the sandwich shop in the gas station down the street...