Skip to main content

Friday Funnies


How many Christians does it take to change a light bulb?

Charismatics: Only 1
their hands are already in the air.

Pentecostals: 10
One to change the bulb, and nine to pray against the spirits of darkness.

Presbyterians: None
Lights will go on and off at predestined times.

Baptists: At least 15.
One to change the light bulb, and three committees to approve the change and decide who brings the potato salad and fried chicken. .....and they all said, "Amen!"

Episcopalians: 3
One to call the electrician, one to mix the drinks and one to talk about how much better the old one was.

Methodists: Undetermined
whether your light is bright, dull, or completely out, you are loved. You can be a light bulb, turnip bulb, or tulip bulb. Bring a bulb of your choice to the Sunday lighting service and a covered dish to pass.

Amish:
What's a light bulb?

Quakers: None
The congregation will sit quietly thinking and meditating on light bulb changing.

Nazarenes: 6
One woman to replace the bulb while five men review church lighting policy.

Lutherans: None
Lutherans don't believe in change.

Eastern Orthodox: Three to look into purchasing the bulb for as inexpensive as possible and 50 to plan the ethnic festival for the light bulb changing

Catholics: None - Candles only.

Thank you, Kim, for hosting Friday Funnies!

Comments

  1. OH that is hilarious my friend. I had never heard that one. Big laughs!
    Happy Friday my sweet friend.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is great! I loved it! So true to form.

    Have a great day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a book somewhere just full of lightbulb jokes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those are funny! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TGIF and it's time for your Friday Funnies. Thank you sister for the laugh!!! Like what you said, we need to...I appreciate the prayer you prayed over me. I needed that.
    If I may do the same for you: Lord, I lift up sister Mary as she plans to visit her sister and other families in Illinois. Please keep her safe and that there will be no hassle with this trip. Protect her and her family Oh Lord. May it be a fruitful reunion and may others who don't know You be able to know Your love and grace because of sister Mary. Please guide her with Your divine wisdom. Thank You Lord that we can come together and pray together. Thank you Lord that we share that oneness that only comes from You. In Jesus' Name. Amen. Have fun sister! [[[Hugs]]].

    ReplyDelete
  6. I laughed A LOT at this today. Thanks for the Friday Funnies.

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! I hadn't heard that one. I'd fall into the Baptist category and would bring mac & cheese and steer the committee for light bulb changing, LOL!

    Thanks, by the way, for stopping by At the Well and leaving such a sweet comment. What a blessing you are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great fun! I hope your trip is filled with wonderful memory-making connections.

    Off to change my Baptilupentpresalian light bulb!

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanna' share the "awesome queen" award with you so c'mon over when you get a chance! Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...