Ten on Tuesday
My daughter participates in Ten on Tuesday, so I thought I would give it a try. Here’s my ten random thoughts with some photos, too:
1. The rose garden in Balboa Park contains rows of rose bushes with various names. What is your favorite rose? I bet it’s here!
2. The neighbors on this street in San Diego care about one another and make themselves available to help if you need them. The woman across the street celebrated her birthday over the weekend and invited “the hood” over for sushi. Susanna was dressed in the cutest pink onesie that said “Does this diaper make my butt look big?”
3. We watched a great Netflix film called “We are Marshall”, the story about a town that lost hope and found it again.
4. True to California, I’ve been eating healthy for the most part. My daughter cooked up some ground turkey with seasoning and cheese and served it in wraps of lettuce. Excellent!
5. Miriam, a shepherd mix, is a well behaved dog. She sheds a lot!
6. The Farmer’s Market impressed me with bright colored vegetables and fruits and pretty flowers. I met a vendor who was a first-time Grammy, like me, and she gave me the biggest hug when she met Susanna.
7. Susanna’s daddy is a Naval Officer, away a sea. He made a DVD of himself reading a story, The Big Baggy Elephant, for the baby and ended with a love message for her, her mommy and Miriam. They play it every day. I cried. And when I told the neighbor down the street, she cried, too.
8. I put a polka on for Susanna and she was all smiles. Why do babies love the polka?
9. I got my desire. One sweet visitor from North Carolina at the Rose Garden obliged me and took a picture of our three generations.
10. I wish I could package this beautiful sunny weather and send it to my friends in cold climates.