Skip to main content

I’m On My Way, But Not to San Jose

I’m almost packed for my trip. I look forward to flying out to San Diego on Thursday morning and spending the rest of the month with my daughter and grandbaby. I am so happy to be able to see Susanna again! She is already six months old. Her tiny feet are long enough to hit the floor in her Jumperoo and she can jump fast! My husband and I talk at length about how wonderful she eats her sweet potatoes! We watch her on u-tube over and over again.



At the beginning of the year, our family promised our Navy guy that we would visit his little family often while he was away at sea. I eagerly take my turn and long to hold Susanna in my arms!

My daughter is a wonderful mother. She is a writer and a great researcher. It blesses me how she takes her motherhood role so seriously, researching what is best for her child. She is a great cook and we have fun in the kitchen together. She lives in an almost perfect climate so we take lots of walks with the baby and her dog, an Australian Shepherd!

I’ll be keeping up with reading your posts, and posting on my blog as well. You are all special to me and you know I carry you in my heart.

Comments

  1. I pray you have a wonderful trip! I look forward to seeing some great pictures of you squeezing that precious baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God be with you as you travel to SD. That's great sis Mary! Your daughter's smile looks familiar :) Cute grandchild of yours! I know it's gonna' be a great reunion. May God bless you and keep you. Can't wait for ur next post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! A whole month of hugs & memory making. What could be better?

    Your girls are precious, and no doubt you have a tough time keeping your buttons attached.

    May it be a special trip. And may that young sea-worthy son-in-law be blessed in a myriad of ways; safe too!

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you. I can not wait to see pictures and read the stories about your trip and what GOD reveals to you.
    Many prayers for safe travel and a wonderfully blessed time together full of joy and excitement.
    Much love and prayers, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this photo and I am so happy for the time you will have. Susanna is a beautiful name and she looks like a bundle of joy.
    Looking forward to your posts San Diego.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for safe travels and that you enjoy your time with the girls.

    Thanks for your encouragement on my blog post today. You are too sweet! Much love, Laurie Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi sis Mary. I hope you'll have a chance to read this before you fly. I had answered ur comment under my latest post so I hope you'll be able to read that... :)

    God bless you sister and you're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful trip! You make me miss my grandbaby and daughter clear up in Seattle:) Enjoy those rocking moments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear, Dear Friend,

    I've been off the computer for a day or two. I was in need of some much needed rest, and now I'm back and find you leaving. I'm so happy that you will have this time to spend with your daughter and your little grandbaby. How beautiful they all are. I, too, look forward in hearing and see pictures of trip along the way. You have my blessings sweet lady and I hope the sunshine fills your days in more ways than one!

    My love to you,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...