Skip to main content

His Light Shines


Thank you, Andrea, from All God’s Creatures for encouraging me with the His Light Shines award. My prayer is that Christ will always be honored here.


Alleluiabelle at Humble As I Go loves Jesus with all her heart and encourages her readers with poetry and deep prayers that please the heart of God.

Angie’s blog, Free Spirit Haven, is rightly named. She is open and free with her worship despite what happens in her busy life. It is here I freely sing and dance with my sister in Christ.

I am Heading Towards My Destiny shares the light of the Lord in a most friendly way. I like the practical way Beth shares Jesus in her relationships. I’m inspired.








Comments

  1. You are so sweet! Thank you so much Mary! What a blessing!

    God bless you for thinking of me!

    Love!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,

    Thank you dear, dear friend. You are so deserving of such an award. I haven't been on the computer much today, wasn't feeling too well, but I feel better tonight.

    Again, thank you for your kind words. I always love hearing from you and coming here to read and get encouraged and inspired.

    Love you,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. "2 blessings are better than 1!"
    'Coz I'm also giving u one.
    U deserve it sister who loves to smile.
    God shines in ur blog all the time.
    So, pls check my latest post when u have a chance.

    -ROSEL [in poetic mode :)]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary,

    I love your dear friend and you know how much I love your site. I wanted to let you know that I'm a 'fan' of yours...to see what that means...please stop by my site. I have a surpise there for you.

    Hugs,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to let you know that I have it up and wanted to thank you again for your precious love shown towards me. I truly feel that God displayed His lavish love towards me through you, His precious vessel, a crown of splendor in His right hand.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...