Skip to main content

Thankful Thursday ~ Random



I look so forward to Thursdays and reading the heartfelt posts at Grace Alone. The Holy Spirit has been nudging me to be a more thankful person lately and it has become easier with so many sisters in the Lord sharing their hearts. My heart soars and I feel like I’m at an amusement park enjoying the rides with everybody.

I’m thankful for the warm weather this week. I’ve been able to complete some outdoor projects on my house in time for the holidays. However, I developed an ear problem and couldn’t hear in one ear. My husband laid his hands on my ears and prayed. I took a decongestant and went to bed and was fine the next day, plus my long enduring digestive problem cleared up! The Lord is my healer and I thank Him.

I’m thankful for our new pastor promoted from the ranks. I’m thankful for the powerful prayer time we had with him last Sunday. His wife has a dynamic prayer life and I’m thanking God for her influence on my life.

I’m thankful for the two surprise generous checks that came in the mail this week. I praise God, our provider for blessing us.

I thank God for the little things, too. I thank Him for all the time I’ve had this week to organize my home for the holidays. What a great feeling. I took my comforters to the Laundromat this week and prayed that the large load washers would be available and they were waiting for me!

I’m thankful for the kind Americans in this country who embrace our military. Now that my daughter is a military spouse, I see first hand how compassionate people are when you’re alone and raising a newborn.

Mostly I’m thanking God this Thanksgiving season for my relationships. Often I think that Jesus died for people and if He gave His life for them, then I should certainly embrace those He puts in my life. I thank God for my husband, who enjoys preparing for the holidays with me and getting everything ready for our family feast. Our daughters are the joys of our life and their husbands are our sons. I can write a book of thanksgiving for Susanna, our new granddaughter who is the star of our family. I also praise God for our extended family back east. We love each and every one of them and the miles don’t separate us. I thank Him, too, for giving us friends which enhance our lives.

Happy Thanksgiving to anyone who visits this post!

Comments

  1. May God continue to sweetly bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! We do have so much to be thankful for.....and at the top of all our lists should be the thousands of soldiers and their families who are giving up so much for our personal freedoms and protection. I will pray for your son-in-law, daughter and family!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful list of things to be thankful for - from the big to little God is in the detail business!

    He loves to bless our socks off!

    Have a wonderful week as you continue thanking Him for all that He blesses us with!

    In His amazing grace,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great blessing warm weather! ;) Us in the south are getting winter weather already! YIKES What a great thankful list. Happy Thankful Thursday! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what awesome blessings!!! Thank you for sharing your post. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a sweet thankful list! Thanks for sharing. Happy TT~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will pray for your son-in-law and daughter. I'm a Navy brat myself, and one of our sons is in the Air National Guard. Thanks for such a wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We DO have much to be thankful for! No matter how dark some days seem! God is STILL good!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH, I love your thankful post! We all have so much for which to be thankful.

    Thanks for visiting me this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your list of thanks. I love knowing God is working on the hearts of His children to live a life of gratitude. Such an important truth for our faith.

    Thanks for reading my blog and sharing such sweet words with me.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You bless me with your thankful heart! Is Susanna coming to your house for turkey dinner? Talk about a pile of smiles! Hey-just this morning in church we prayed for a man who is returning to Iraq for the 4th time, leaving his wife and 2 children behind. The sacrifice these families make humbles me. Mary, I tagged you on my blog if you want to play along!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...