Skip to main content

I'm Amazed



A popular love song played often on the radio during the year that my husband proposed.  Maybe I’m Amazed, crafted by talented Paul McCartney reminds us that it’s amazing to find love and it’s amazing to need each other.

Tomorrow we reach our 46th year mark.  We took some time to be alone before the amazing monsoons hit our state.  Whereas summer weddings in the Midwest are popular with flowers in bloom everywhere in comfortable outdoor settings,  summer anniversaries in the hot, humid months in Arizona call for creative planning.  Some beautiful resorts lower their prices substantially! 


We enjoyed a delicious late lunch at Harold’s Saloon in Cave Creek, AZ, country and western atmosphere, rustic and colorful.  Look at this old pioneer scene on the property!








The gal who checked us in at the Carefree Resort and Conference Center felt accomplished at 28 years of marriage.  She seemed amazed we're going on 46 years.  She understood the effort relationships require to keep their sparkle.  She upgraded our room and slipped in two complimentary passes for the lounge.  She kicked in complimentary breakfasts in the fancy dining room too!  I had to hold back my tears.








We learned early on in our marriage that our love, strong and determined, still was not enough.  We realized we were too broken and needed the strongest love fix known to mankind.  We needed a savior.  We look to Jesus every day and now we’re singing Amazing Grace.












I can imagine a wedding or informal event in this area.  The company I worked for held a Christmas party here one year!
















Arizona sunsets take my breath away.  This one felt like a kiss from God at the end of a perfect day relaxing in the beauty He created, refreshed from a swim in the pool and a delicious dinner.   Feeling loved!




What special love song played on the radio when you fell in love?

Comments

  1. Congratulations!

    Special song: Louis Armstrong's "Dream a Little Dream of Me."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you, Mary! And I love Paul McCartney, he is a great singer! I don't have any special love song. Your photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!!! The two of you look like models! I've never been up to Harold's or Carefree resort, but it looks like great fun.

    ... gonna have to go ask Tom if we have/had a song. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! The song that was popular when we got engaged was 'I will always love you' - the original by Dolly Parton. It's been almost 37 years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! You both look radiant in the picture, and the celebration place seems perfect for the ocassion.
    Many happy returns of the anniversary day at a posh resort in Arizona or elsewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A BIG Congratulations to you and Tom, sweet friend!!! Wow, 46 years! May God bless you with many, many, many more happy years of marriage!!!! You make such a beautiful couple...the love shines through on both of your faces! I am so thankful you were able to get away and have such a wonderful time together!! God bless the sweet lady who added to your blessings!! Sending much love to you and Tom...you are two very special people, that's for sure. So thankful to have you in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on 46 years! So neat you had a chance to go away and then got the upgrades that you did! God was looking out for the two of you! So glad you learned early in your life you needed Jesus in your relationship and you were both willing to make sure he was there. Great picture of the two of you! You will blink and you will be at 50 years together! We'll be 38 in October; hubby's parents made it to 64 years. We got married on their anniversary; son and his wife got married on our anniversary. We can only pray that they too will have the longevity we have all had :) (I trust God that they will.)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your post brought tears, Mary! Congratulations! Dick and I are just a few years behind you and your hubs. Great picture of the two of you! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary, Tom & Mary. You're a very special couple.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Happy Anniversary to both of you! Indeed...What an accomplishment sister Mary! Beautiful couple! For some reason, I was reading what was printed on bro. Tom's shirt..."God seals..." before realizing it said "Navy Seals"... :)

    Praying for more anniversaries to come. God bless you both. His bond of love that binds you both is evident with all that love and smiles you have for each other. Love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy anniversary dear lady. Amazing it is these days my friend that couples actually take their wedding vows, their commitment serious. Ain't nothing easy about being married at times but nothing has ever fulfilled me more besides my Lord. Love the pictures. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
    P.S. Well now, the grands come really close next to Jesus! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that song! Especially the live version.

    Congratulations! Very well said about being broken. God is our only hope!

    Glad you guys got some time away... and I understand not calling to hang out with me for a cup of coffee or lunch, due to your anniversary and all... but next time!

    Tell the big guy I said hi. And congrats.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...