Skip to main content

Christmess







I heard a great truth during one of my pastor’s sermons during December and it grabbed a hold of me.  He said: 

“I think Christmas should be changed to “Christmess.  Because when Jesus is invited into our messes,
 He rescues us from all of our shame, all of our depression, all of our sickness,
 all of our sinful choices.”

That line stayed with me throughout this holiday season carving new life in my soul and in the way I pray for myself and others.

Yesterday I overheard my husband speaking on the phone to our youngest granddaughter.  “I’m happy you are coming to Papa’s house and I can’t wait to see you.  We have lots of toys and lots of lights.”


We have lights!


I pray that to be so spiritually as well.  1 John 1:5 states that Jesus is the light.  In Him there is no darkness at all.  No messes; He is perfect.  I ponder the messes I create and realize my need for Him to clean them up as only He can and fill my soul and my home with His light. 

That’s what He did that first Christmas.  That’s what He does today!  He is still in the business of rescuing mankind.

I ask Him to bless you this Christmas, my friends.  May Christ’s bright light shine on you and your families filling you and your homes with His joy this Christmas Day!


Merry Christmas!

Linking to:  Jaime's Sitting Among Friends Blog Party


Comments

  1. I do agree with the Christmess; makes perfect sense; I'm so glad he has cleaned up my messes :)

    Great picture of you and your honey :)

    Merry Christmas!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, agree with the Christmess. I love your photo, it is beautiful! Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. May you and your family have all the joys of this Blessed Christmas and may your New Year be splendid and filled with hope, faith and good health.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful message, Mary.... you've such a gift for warming my heart!
    Yes, let there be lights!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Myra

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a thought! I am SO thankful Jesus came to fix my mess, and He turns our messes into our messages. Praise His holy name! So grateful for you, dear friend, and thank God for the blessing you have been to me throughout this year. Looking forward to how God will use you in 2016! Sending you much love and wishes for a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And into our messy darkness, a great Light was born!!

    Is there anything better?! (Answer: NO!!)

    Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas, Mary, and GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful sharing on Christmess. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this beautiful message!I hope you have good days there! May God bless you with His peace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas Mary! And may He invade all of our messes in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always light up tealights inside our home. My son asked me if I wanted him to turn them off as I was about to run errands and he would do the same. I said "No!" That I should be heading back by the time he was about to leave. I never told him but this morn, that I do that and offer it to the Lord and that I do it to remind me of His Light. It reminds me of the inner peace and joy that Light brings into my heart and mind no matter what is going on around me. He understood. I think him seeing my lit up tea lights would remind him from now on.

    Love your pic. But most of all, the message!!! Merry Christmas...err...Merry Christmess....and may more discernment and other of His richest blessings are heading your way come 2016. Love you in Christ sister Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. May your Christmas season be a blessing too, seeing all the light that shines on those messes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blessings to you too.
    Happy Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like that! Makes a ton of sense. Thanks for the blessings, Mary. A grand Christmas to you and all of yours. May you cherish the greatest gifts our Father grants us through Himself; our loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for sharing this at Sitting Among Friends. I love gathering around with a beautiful bunch of women that are inspiring us with their lives and stories and their messes that only our Savior can clean up. I hope that you had a wonderful holiday and I look forward to reading your post next Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...