Skip to main content

April's Lessons






          Is it just me or did April fly by for you, too? 
          I learned a few things:




Passover Seders never lose significance.  We love to tell the story of our redemption over and over.   This year, two of my girlfriends joined us.  One of them, Gen, said as she left:  I will never forget this night.”  I learned she is searching for truth.  I hold her beautiful thank you note in my hands and pray:  “Help her to remember, Jesus, why this night is different from all the rest – because you, the Messiah, came to earth and delivered us!”












My Apricot and Apple trees are loaded with buds.  The bees are back in great number this year.  Spring brought warm days early on and my fruit trees budded.  Then temperatures dipped, threatening a freeze.  I didn’t want to lose my apricots.  At sunset, I stood in front of my trees commanding the temperatures to stay above 32.  The next morning, hubby was mocking the weather man and how he mistakenly predicted a freeze but it only fell to 35.  I told him what I did and he gave me that smile which I interpret as “You’re a crazy woman but I love you anyway.”  I learned that my neighbor covered her fruit trees with a bed sheet.  I covered mine with prayer.   





 My desk faces a new direction in my office and I like it this way.  My eyes bothered me when the computer screen was directly facing the bright sun so I turned the desk on an angle.  I had to find a way somehow to position my desk in front of the window so I could gaze at the scenery for inspiration when I work. 












      Where do you write?





Don’t let anyone tell you that you cannot get a tattoo over an old tattoo.  You can.  That’s all I’m going to say about this subject.




 I learned that a new neighbor, an author from Manhattan, moved in just down the street.  We’ve not made a connection yet.  The couple does not attend our road association meetings or worse, even return our waves. 




 EVERYBODY HAS STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES.
My friend, Linda and I went to a presentation about insurance at the best Italian restaurant in town.  I learned that my indecisiveness possibly can penalize me, as well as leave me under-insured.  I dislike that weakness in me.  I passed up four trays of appetizers; that’s a strength I do like about me.





 I received an early Mother’s Day gift in the mail, Amy’s one-year photo.  I watched the photo shoot when I was out there and learned so much from the professional.  He was so good with her getting great expressions; I had a hard time choosing a favorite pose!  Don’t you love it when people are good at what they do?









How about you, anything stand out in April?



Joining today at Chatting At the Sky with writers who have learned something in April and lived to tell about it.  Let’s Share What We’ve Learned in April



Comments

  1. I went to a Passover Seder a few years back at a church we were going to at the time; so informative :)

    I like to have a window to look out when I'm working, especially of a pretty view :)

    I had a friend who got a tattoo over an old tattoo; she had her ex husband's name as a tattoo on her back, now she has a butterfly :)

    Hopefully your new neighbor will warm up the friendliness of Arizona. Maybe being from Manhattan, he doesn't know how to be friendly :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your April post and indeed, it had gone by so fast! I love all the info's, all the love between friends and your family everytime I come here. Most of all, you love for the Lord. Ha! What better covering for those trees but a faith-filled prayer! Here comes May! And may you have a wonderful last day of April sister Mary, and as we welcome May, may we always remain strong in His power.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great April post! Your little sweetheart is just adorable. I sit and write at my desk in my office and at my desk in my breakfast room!

    My life changed forever in April 2009. Today, six year ago my precious father went to heaven. I miss him terribly, I know he's out of pain and blessed.

    What a day to get asked this question! Interesting. Thank you.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, time flies so fast! We're almost halfway 2015 after this. Imagine that!

    You look like you're having a grand time though. :)

    Stay happy and productive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a splendid April too. I am glad yours was good too. I hope the rest of the months come with much blessings.
    Enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary! I think your prayer made an excellent cover! I hope you keep your apricots too. I have dried ones in my cottage cheese all the time. Yum!
    Your granddaughter is so CUTE. I bet you miss her a lot. What a thoughtful Mother's Day gift.
    A change in perspective can open up all kinds of possibilities...even when it's your computer chair.

    What did I learn in April? That healing takes time, but it marches on whether I can perceive it or not. That is good news :)
    Happy May!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  7. April did fly by fast. Really fast and we are now in May. I wonder how fast it is going to fly also.
    I can tell you though, I am so ready for summer and warm weather. Winter was way too long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, coming over here I always feel so refreshed (and BLESSED).

    Your Passover Seder observances leave me wanting to learn more! I think that's a worthy "doable" goal, don't you?

    That's certainly disappointing about your neighbor'reluctance to smile and wave. Just keep on keeping on, girlfriend and I can't help but believe your beautiful smile won't wear down any barriers they may have (unwittingly) erected.

    Love this picture of Miss Amy ... love you!
    Myra

    ReplyDelete
  9. First, who doesn't want and need prayers? Thank you for keeping not only me but my work also. Very much needed as well as with the circumstances around us. Thank you to both of you.

    Second, I'm glad sister Carrie's hubby is okay and it reminded me of how angry people now are on the road it seems. Impatient, rushing, and other actions that don't benefit anyone but may result to so many unpleasant situations. Thank God for His protection.

    So, don't forget...sharks can be disoriented among the roots of the lilies and when they do, may they see where those roots originate...Let us not get tired doing good. It's not easy most of the time...Only by His grace...Love and blessings to you sister.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have lots of good memories. It was joy reading them:)
    Mine was a sad one when a younger sister died.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Because He Lives, I Can Move

I’m currently in one of those places where you lay out all the options and then you make the best decision. It seems, however, like none of the choices are fair or attractive. I know God will help me in my situation because I desire His guidance. I’m clinging to His Word which promises that ALL things work together for good for those that love God and are called according to His purpose, Romans 8:28. I heard a great teaching this week about seeking God’s will and all the freedom that surrender brings. We can know that God is bringing about a victory if we trust Him with each and every decision. The speaker illustrated his point with a famous painting. The painting depicts a look of despair on the chess player’s face. He’s playing Satan and his soul is at stake. It looks like Satan is winning. Checkmate! When Paul Morphy saw this painting back in the 1800’s, he set up a chess board and aligned the pieces to reflect the painting. Being a world champion, he studied the board. His conclusi

Humor for the Bride and Groom

A young couple decided to wed.  As the big day approached, they grew apprehensive.  Each had a problem they had never before shared with anyone, not even each other. The Groom-to-be, overcoming his fear, decided to ask his father for advice.   "Father," he said, "I am deeply concerned about the success of my marriage."  His father replied, "Don't you love this girl?"   "Oh yes, very much," he said," but you see, I have very smelly feet, and I'm afraid that my fiancé will be put off by them."  "No problem," said dad, "all you have to do is wash your feet as often as possible, and always wear socks, even to bed."   Well, to him this seemed a workable solution. The bride-to-be, overcoming her fear, decided to take her problem up with her mom."  Mom," she said, "When I wake up in the morning my breath is truly awful."  "Honey," her mother consoled, "everyone has

A Veteran's Story

  I noticed Bill sitting in our local park where I walk.   He glanced my way just as I finished the last exercise walk song on my playlist.   He shouted and pointed to my car:   “Hey, is that your car with the Nam front license plate?   I stepped closer into the veranda where Bill sat on a picnic bench.   I noticed his Vietnam Vet cap and instantly I knew why I walked there that day.   The Marine Vet served during the 1960’s, the same time span as my husband.   Bill talked a lot about the war evoking my emotions from laughter to tears.   My South Vietnam front plate often prompts a conversation with a stranger and I’ve learned a deep respect for it over the years.   It is my way of listening to a veteran.   I enjoyed listening to Bill.   He made me laugh in spots but he made me cry as well.   Like when he talked about the sandwich lady.   “Do you ever eat at the sandwich shop in the gas station down the street?”   I replied that I’ve order coffee once in that place with a turke